TSG 219 After Actions Thread

T124. Hi, I am playing GOTM for first time and I am not sure about the rules, so please bear with me or eventually dont involve me in the competiton for this month. I played a couple of games to get the proper strategy, because I read in the opening thread others did too, but according to rules it is not be allowed to do so? I am not sure about that. Otherwise, my first game had about T210 victory or so (I did not save it), the second game T170 victory. It is the first time I tried to play cultural victory so I did not know before many possible strategies, so thank you for motivating me to explore new aspects of the game
How did you pull off a turn 124 culture victory? Pretty impressive, even if it's not your first playthrough!

Getting 6 ruins, twice time 30 CPT boost and twice time city growth, one technology (Animal Husbandry), one barbarian camps discovery = capital at 3 very quickly, no care about growth
Bulding order in the capital: monument, settler (to Sri Pada), settler (to Nicaea by Cerro), shrine, Stonehenge, Temple, Great Library, Oracle (to eventually get social policy cultural exchange asap)
Social Policies: Piety: Organized Religion, Religious Tolerance, Reformation (this before Mandate of Heaven to be able to buy religious buildings for tourism output asap, thus activating trade route bonus too), Mandate of Heaven, Theocracy; (then I would continue Aesthethics for Artistic genius)
Researched technology: Pottery for shrines, Animal Husbandry for a trade route if I would have not get that by ruins, then Philosophy for temples and rests dont matter, no time for that (otherwise getting civil service for open borders)
Religion: Pantheon One with nature (+4 faith natural wonders), Religion: Monasteries (+2 faith and +1 for each wine source), Conversion for Gold to purchase units and stuffs, Mosque (+3 faith), Reformation belief: Sacred sites (tourism). Enhancement: Pagodas (+2 faith), Spread speed (to get every city on religious board asap)
I bought: field with Sri Panda, monument in the third city (to get piety social policies asap), caravan, settler, settler (and I would continue buying other settlers)
I played the whole game with no worker, other military unit then the original one, no wars, although I could probably steal workers of city states meanwhile, it was not important.
Buildings in the second city: shrine, monument, temple
Buildings in the third city: shrine, temple (monument bought)
Buildings in the fourth city: shrine
Neccesary to fix production at natural wonders in the second and third city to get maximum of faith, cities itself prefer growth.
Killing barbarian camps with that one military unit and that is all, I think, I did. Otherwise, thx for the compliment:)

164; Sacred sites. Very similar details to fiddlestick's 134 (city locations, hill, war, ...), but with three in Liberty for faster settlers. Good comparison ... I should have tried the HOF that way.

Turn 178(70.) culture victory. I played peacefully. I blocked their settler in order to keep their empire and culture small.

Attachments

• rTSG219.Civ5Save
    534.2 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom