TSG74 Opening Actions thread

I moved opening scout south and saw some marble. I settle so that I will have dye, sugar, and marble in my city. 2nd city I found is the salt+Uluru site near Poland. To discourage him from fighting I focus on churning out CBs and delay NC by a few turns. 3rd city is on the silver site next to the mountains. With 2x observatories late game science should be good. Next I build oracle and finish liberty tree. NC comes online around turn 105ish I didn't really pay attention. Build a 4th city north on the coast near the gold.

I had 5 huts. I went pop, culture, tech, upgrade, and faith. Faith is the last bit needed to found the 2nd religion. My beliefs were Sun God, Tithe, and Pagoda.

- What did you consider in your decision of where to settle your capital?
I did not wast time and just planted my self on the banannas next to the mountain.

- What were your initial priorities?
Explore
- What tech path did you follow and why?
Went to get the NC asap

- Were there any early wars and who started them?
I DoW with england just to kill a settler that was going for the salt fields. Made peace again and now she only has two cities on the other side of the mountains. DoF with India and (red indians) aslo with Portugal. Poland religion is all over the place.

- Did you use your UU with beneficial effect?
I was not sure what the best was... Took some unit upgrades and tech where I could. I see other people take culture and city pop.

I was over 200 faith going to 240 and still no prophet. Then some one else took the last religion. Egipt constructioned most World Wonders. I bee lined for forbidden palace and Egypt got it ONE TURN before me. :-((( When i have artillary i am going to take him out.

I took full tradition and patronage. I decided to explore to the north first. then east. Got my second city (after NC) on the silver.. 3d south next to England. East on the coast between the two CS. Last one west next to the mountain but not reaching the salt field. America got one city there. So i have 3 cities next to mountains for the 50 % extra science

I also 'protect' all the CS when i met them. Which now i see is a mistake. Not good for the relationshiops with other civ's, Next time i will do it later in the game. I just did not want them to take out any CS which will bring the number of votes down.

Shoshone is great to get a head start and one of the civ with the nices music ;-)

I decided to try Liberty after Tradition opener. Unfortunately, I over-expanded and got too few workers. Built oracle and allied cultural city state so that worked out ok. At turn 102 now and lack one policy to complete tradition. Got free amphitheaters. The overexpansion has resulted in that my captial is only size 8 (9 next turn) and that I still need to complete civil service and Education to get the universitites. Should have stopped the expansion after first 2 cities built NC and then continued. Now I still need another 10 turns for NC. This starting location was really excellent and could result in some nice finishing times so I regret not just going 4 city tradition.

- What did you consider in your decision of where to settle your capital?
Settled on hill next to river to get 3 bananas and deer

- What were your initial priorities?
I figured I would expand quite rapidly and decided for Tradition opener followed with Liberty until CR to pump out some settler. Built an early shrine but still took me until T52 to found a pantheon!

- What tech path did you follow and why?
Focused on luxuary techs and Philosophy as usual. Then onwards to Education.

- Were there any early wars and who started them?
No wars

- Did you use your UU with beneficial effect?
Pathfinders are really nice. Upgraded one early on to composite bowman which helps with some CS quests.

- What were your selections from the huts you uncovered?
Culture -> Pop -> Upgrade -> Free Tech (don't think I got any more which was a disappointment)

Spoiler :

Top Bottom