Turkey spawning bug?

Virdrago

Wandering
Ethiopia had this problem before with Egypt, but it was fixed...

I'm playing Germany, and I controlled Konstantinopel. The Arabs had an Anatolian city, and our cultures are next to each other. Turkey spawned in 1280 and started off on the west coast of Turkey. The next turn, all their units diappeared. They evidently were moved, thanks to both mine and the Arabian culture, to the desert east of the Caspian. There they founded their first two cities, before they flipped the Arab ones. This has happened before, with me playing as the Khmers, Chinese, and Ethiopians. It has led to extremely weak Turks in the Middle East.

Any way to fix this?

I have had this happen to me playing as Turkey. No one posted a solution.

generally when a new civ spawns, the next turn existing cultures are "cancelled" for one turn to allow for the new civ to settle and "steal" previous culture. I know this happens with Ethiopia, maybe it is not scripted for Turkey ?

If they don't found the city or declare war the turn they spawn their starting cultural border goes and they get pushed east. It's not bugged you just need to build on the first turn, maybe Rhye could give them 2 turns to build it if the AI doesn't do it though

In my game as Arabia, my borders arrived just around Sogut I think, and Konstantinopel was german. Turkey spawned and founded Sogut and Sinop, as always. Maybe the Arab anatolian city was too near to Sogut location. This can be a problem...

generally when a new civ spawns, the next turn existing cultures are "cancelled" for one turn to allow for the new civ to settle and "steal" previous culture. I know this happens with Ethiopia, maybe it is not scripted for Turkey ?

Take a look at the picture I posted in the latest release thread. Yes, it canceled out the culture, but my units spawned by the Caspian.

The Arabians actually founded Sinop themselves. The culture was cancelled, but the Turks disappeared the next turn. The capital is Urgenc.

i had the same problem sept i was the civ moved, cant remember if it was b4 i got the current version of RFC or not but i was loading Netherlands, and when i spawned i spawned next to hamburg germany. so my civ got moved more toward france, but i reloaded so it was cool

Top Bottom