Turn 111 - 350 B.C.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
The Secure Site will be updated soon. :)

A force of two vet swords, a 9/9 sword army, and two horsemen, threaten Yun Qiuling, our iron town. The town itself is currently defended by a reg pike, a vet spear, a reg spear, an elite sword, and an archer. Next turn, Yun Qiuling will be reinforced with a brand new catapult from Jiang Mapi, and a new set of walls, sadly built literally on the backs of the brave citizens of our under-attack iron town.
Near Jiang Mapi sits a worker who just finished an irrigation project, so he couldn't move this turn, despite the fact that two GCA horses threatened it. So as not to leave the worker without hope, the last guard of Jiang Mapi, a sword, was sent to defend him. This left Jiang Mapi empty.
Not to worry, though. We've made every attempt to hide our pikemen from GCA, and so far they shouldn't know that we have feudalism. Two pikes will arrive to defend Jiang Mapi next turn, taking a back road unseen by GCA.
Also, next turn, as per a previous poll, a new city will be founded near Zhi Gang, on the coast. As for a name, I propose Kuangbiao Haian, Chinese for Hurricane Coast.
Lastly, Trip of Apolyton has brought up the possibility of at talked to GCA about a cease-fire. This is mainly a stall tactic, to get two more vet pikes into the area. The pikes need three turns to get to Yun Qiuling, and GCA can attack in two.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KEWPIES ARE SOO MUCH SCARIER THAN ANY GCA ARMY!

Ahem, aside from a personal issue, I think we stand a real chance. Is it possible to upgrade those spearmen in time?

Hmm... I ask: Can't the spears in Yun Qiuling be upgrded soon enough?

Grr... Poly is just in their own world...

Consider attacking the GCA stack with the archer and/or swordsman to weaken their attack strength - especially the archer since it's defense strength is almost negligable. Remember, a successful attack on a stack of units would mean that the archer would remain in the city and could be re-fortified after the attack.

NOTE: Even though the archer is better on attack than defense, I would only do so if the combat calculator showed odds favorable enough to pull it off.

an archer fortified in a hills behind a wall will defend better against a spearman than it will attacking an army of swordsmen if thats important to remember.

Top Bottom