Turn 128 - 10 BC

Well it seems there is a bug with PTW 1.21 or something, and every team has to play the last turn over again, in the same way as last time.

-------------------

Looked at the UN Forum and found out that the Webring team has used an exploit last turn. During their second playing of the save, they still used the exploit. And it has been decided that they must hold the save untill they play the game without the exploit.

An image was also shown there:

I'm not sure if they're still using the exploit or if they're just not performing the other (ie. legal) moves exactly the same as the first time around. Either way, it looks like this game has ground to a halt for the time being. :(

What does this exploit mean?

Yeah. What kind of exploit? I wanna know! :rant: Mayb eI should calm down a little...

So they have to play the save until the don't use the exploit?

And, aren't we using PTW version 1.27f?

Hm. 1.21f and 1.27f are compatible with each other.
I've played the save with 1.21.

The bug somehow enables you to give a unit a new command after you have moved it I think. But I don't know it well enough to say. Anyone else?

By the way, I did see this thread when it first appeared, and the apolyton chat, I just have nothing to say. Just letting you know I still exist, and check this forum every day.

Question: How close are we to elections? They are fairly soon, right?

A clarification of the bug:

As is being discussed and shown in the UN forum, there is a bug in PBEM games, which is not occuring in Hotseat-games (or other multiplayer-games I believe).

Also the bug only works for the last team playing before a new turn starts. For this last team it is possible to move all of their units, and then right-clicking their unit-stacks and selecting "Fortify All". In all other games this will mean that the units will look fortified, but will not be fortified until the turn comes back to the player. In PBEM-games however, for the last team playing all their units will be physicaly fortified, and recieve the 25% defense-bonus before any of the other teams can do anything.

So GWT will hold the save until they play it without this bug...

So, it's a flaw in the design of the game. Any team can actually fortify their units (if they're in a stack) at the end of their turn. Apparently, however, this fortification doesn't take effect until after the last team moves, which obviously gives that team an advantage over the others.

The worth of it depends on the situation of the game, and who are at war with who. ;)

I would think it simply balances out that the other teams get to move first. So they will get to their second city first, their explorers first, etc.. This isn't a bug, it is a "feature".

I disagree, the second city first doesn't yield any benefits for the first team. And what about the second last team? They are also suffering from this bug, and they come second-last in building their second city, etc.

Originally posted by RegentMan
So how long do we think it'll take to play the save right?

Does anyome have a theory about this huge retention of the save?

My own theory: The discovery of the use of an exploit has led to an impeechment/election in the german team, thus explaining the delays.

Top Bottom