Turn 132 - 70 AD - I'll meet you in BoP

At last we will win over them... they are desesperate right now and I think that we should expect them to retreat to a place like BoP and camp there and make it hard for us to eliminate them. Nice one

I would tend to agree GBM, except that our Horsemen will not pack a powerful punch against GCA's remaining Pikemen. I would still build a few to use as scouts so that our MIs know what they will be facing, and of course to pick off the occasional Archer.

Once victory is certain, I would like to see us switch exclusively to Horsemen so that thay can be upgraded to Riders. Keep in mind that each upgrade would cost 80g(at least - not sure if upgrade to a UU is more than for the base unit), so we need to take that into account as well.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
Once victory is certain, I would like to see us switch exclusively to Horsemen...
I've thought about this a great deal, and I'm afraid that I must disagree with you oh wise and venerable Zoi.

I believe we must build settlers like our very lives depend on them - for I believe they do. Our only hope to be competitive (or to be of any real help to Poly) is to increase our productivity. We need a much larger base which will require many more cities.

I say we begin building settlers, perhaps even before victory is assured.

sure, I'm cool with that!

Originally posted by FortyJ
I've thought about this a great deal, and I'm afraid that I must disagree with you oh wise and venerable Zoi.

I believe we must build settlers like our very lives depend on them - for I believe they do. Our only hope to be competitive (or to be of any real help to Poly) is to increase our productivity. We need a much larger base which will require many more cities.

I say we begin building settlers, perhaps even before victory is assured.

My bad, Forty. I wholeheartedly agree with you. ;) It was quite early when I wrote that and forgot to clarify that Horsemen should be the exclusive military unit that we should build in the coming days. I have said in another thread that we need at least 6 Settlers(10 if GCA razes their cities) to expand into undeveloped territory. Heck, I even made this issue one of the cornerstones of my campaign, as it will allow us to support a larger military.

To me, the crown jewel of our expansion should be the island just west of our continent. It is close enough to Shen Ling to be productive, and would allow us to get an advance warning on anyone coming from the west. In fact, losing this island to GWT or the Netropians(sp?) would be strategic suicide.

Good point, deshelbr. Maybe a calendar-based gov't would be better...

But the vote voted for 25 turns.

In this game, since we play turn-by-turn, a turn based system really does work best. It just so happens that the game is taking a bit longer now, due to GCAs last ditch hopes.

Perhaps we should tighten up our election schedule, or at least close the elections after a fixed period. But let's keep turn-based.

Top Bottom