Turn 190-199

What the heck are they doing with these insane quantities of gold?

Could be saving for Rifle upgrades. Hopefully Loco isn't too far from Chemistry.

Port Tropicana has just finished the missionary for our Iron city. What's next: a settler to keep the expansion going or some ships? Another Caravel can go on patrol in the western ocean or a Galleon can take te place of our old Galley. Piffle could show up on our east coast and we'll need some way to get troops there from the west.
Unless a new city will get new resources within our borders, I think that ships is the better choice. Better to protect to make sure the cities we have are defendable, rather than creating new ones.

1360 AD, turn 197

Had to reduced science to 60%, but new buildings have still brought Rifling 2 turns closer. Maybe we should slow it up so that Piffle/Epsilon have to earn it first.

Epsilon seems to be transporting their invasion force a city further south. And from the power graph I can't imagine they have any other plans. A galleon is now on the way there. I'll notify Loco.

Port Tropicana started a Galleon.

1370 AD, turn 198

Wheelville finished a grocery and started a caravel. That means we no longer need fish from Piffle so I was thinking of cancelling next turn. Hopefully we can trade those silk to Loco for Gold.

Our camel has found a great deal of new land to explore in Piffle and the galley has discovered a large number of coast tiles in the south. That galley may not be trapped after all.

I believe that in the 1.61 version of Civ4, you can see any and all troops inside naval transports (as opposed to later versions of the game I think... certainly Warlords doesn't allow this). So we'll see if there are any troops aboard. :)

There is only one reason why Epsilon would be hoarding so much gold as far as I can see, and that would be that they intend on war soon. Better make sure we're prepared...

1380 AD, turn 198.

We found Epsilons invasion force camped out in Dune. (We can see: 3 galleons, 5 cannon, 3 grenadeirs, 1 mace, 2 cats). The just got Scientific Method and piffle just got Rifling. We are 4 turns away.

Cancelled Silk to Piffle for Fish, should we send notification? Offered silk to Loco, I'll accept anything.

For those of you not following the main forum, Epsilon just declared war on Loco.

No surprise for anyone, I just hope Loco have taken the threat serious enough and built enough defenses.

The question now is if and how we should come to their aid; militarily, economically or in any other ways?

If Epsilon crushes Loco our chances of winning will be indistinguishable from zero, so we have act in some way to this situation.

I took a look at the new save.

We have a Great Scientist but don't know what to do with him. We already have two academies so how about save him for a golden age?

Aloha has an extra fur so maybe we can get that then cancel our whale for silk deal with Epsilon.

Epsilon has been keeping a close eye on Chowderton, could they handle two wars at once? They probably have considered that we may join with Loco agaisnt them.

Maybe we should ask Loco to let us use the galley we gave them so we can send a cavalry expedition down south?

How about settling the great scientist in one of the academy cities? In a city with a library and an observatory and possibly a university, it is 12 possibly 13.5 extra science per turn. IMHO that beats a half golden age. Add on the 1 hammer and the extra 100% once we build Oxford's and the choice of settling seems obvious to me. Let's leave the golden age to the less useful merchants, artists and prophets.

Except its probably a while until we get Oxford, and maybe not that long until the game ends anyway. We have a max of 261 turns left but the game probably wont go all the way. If it last 100 turns we'd get maybe 1300 beakers by settling. We currently get 450 or so each turn already so thats not much. A golden age boosts all our 98 citizens, maybe more by then. I guess I'm more interested in hammers than gold right now anyway.

Oops, new thread time.

Top Bottom