Turn 51

zyxy

Warmongering Fool
I'll play tomorrow morning. Not much to do again. Archer will finish next turn. worker in Shelby can road horses. Warriors swing round to the south because of TNT warrior and MP duty. We can leave the grass tile open for now, our archer should be able to kill the Persian if he goes there.

Btw, someone (MIA or KISS) learned Masonry last turn, it is only 84 beakers now. But TNT still lacks Wheel, WC, CB and Writing. So they did not get any new techs, and it is not likely they traded Masonry away for something else :confused:. Any ideas?

What do we do with the warrior in the west? Back to base or to the north?

zyxy said:
Btw, someone (MIA or KISS) learned Masonry last turn, it is only 84 beakers now. But TNT still lacks Wheel, WC, CB and Writing. So they did not get any new techs, and it is not likely they traded Masonry away for something else . Any ideas?

That is interesting, maybe MIA researched it, but they only got writing 3 turns ago, so that would be too quick unless MIA learned writing sooner. The other possiblity is KISS got masonry off TNT for gold, but that doesn't make sense to me because TNT is behind everyone in techs so i would have expected they would want.

It is possible they were happy to trade for gold to upgrade units, expecting us to roll over and give them writing and CoL, if thats the case then we have put one over them big time:D

Just had an informal chat with KISS, they haven't got masonry from TNT, so that means MIA has researched it.

Also as a side note KISS are thinking TNT might be trying to do a GL pre-build, if thats the case we need to try to convince them they dont have time to do that.

Robi D said:
Just had an informal chat with KISS, they haven't got masonry from TNT, so that means MIA has researched it.

Also as a side note KISS are thinking TNT might be trying to do a GL pre-build, if thats the case we need to try to convince them they dont have time to do that.

Interesting. Maybe MIA learned Masonry from a hut, or from TNT, or they learned Writing from KISS, so many possibilities :crazyeye:. In any case, perhaps they will trade it for something we have (we could offer Philo for Masonry + some gold).

If TNT is really building the GLib, oh well, they first need Writing and Lit. It will take some time, and hopefully we can hit them before it's too late. The team with the GLib (or any useful wonder, for that matter) paints a really big target on its head, I would say.

Played according to plan.

Settler-warrior pair reaches destination, our curragh spots a KISS ship on our west coast. Our western warrior takes a little detour before heading north to try and avoid the barbarian.
Our army is weak compared to TNT, strong compared to MIA and KISS. KISS is building the Oracle in Polecat, interesting.

Turn sent.

We'll need to decide the next tech to research in 4 turns.

zyxy said:
Interesting. Maybe MIA learned Masonry from a hut, or from TNT, or they learned Writing from KISS, so many possibilities :crazyeye:. In any case, perhaps they will trade it for something we have (we could offer Philo for Masonry + some gold).

If TNT is really building the GLib, oh well, they first need Writing and Lit. It will take some time, and hopefully we can hit them before it's too late. The team with the GLib (or any useful wonder, for that matter) paints a really big target on its head, I would say.

Didn't think of the hut, sometimes the obvious can be missed in a complicated situation:)

It would seem TNT might have decided they behind on techs, and figured the GL would be the best, since it allows them just to accumilate gold in the meantime. I can only say one thing to that, What a bunch of arrogant bastards, they think that we can't hurt them with out military, hehe man i am so going to enjoy when that first group of MW's rides up to one their cities:D
If we can disrupt their pre build, victory is ours!

Here's the tech situation from CA2. The cost column is the estimated number of beakers it would cost for a new civ to research, but the only value of this information is if you want to calculate the correct values of trades in gold equivalents.

TNT and MIA both have Masonry. I haven't been watching this 100% of the time so don't know when they acquired it, but could look at the past several saves to check.

Code:
Index|Technology       |Known to                  |Estimated Cost
1    |Bronze Working   |(3)  Persia, Greece, Celts|78
2    |Masonry          |(2)  Persia, Greece       |120
3    |Alphabet         |(3)  Persia, Greece, Celts|129
4    |Pottery          |(3)  Persia, Greece, Celts|51
5    |The Wheel        |(2)  Greece, Celts        |105
6    |Warrior Code     |(2)  Greece, Celts        |78
7    |Ceremonial Burial|(2)  Greece, Celts        |51
8    |Iron Working     |(3)  Persia, Greece, Celts|156
9    |Writing          |(2)  Greece, Celts        |210
10   |Mysticism        |(2)  Greece, Celts        |105
11   |Mathematics      |                          |240
12   |Philosophy       |(1)  Celts                |156
13   |Code of Laws     |(1)  Celts                |261

DaveShack said:
Here's the tech situation from CA2. The cost column is the estimated number of beakers it would cost for a new civ to research, but the only value of this information is if you want to calculate the correct values of trades in gold equivalents.

TNT and <snip> both have Masonry. I haven't been watching this 100% of the time so don't know when they acquired it, but could look at the past several saves to check.

Ouch, this means the latest version of CivAssist does give away spoiler info. Or is there any way we could learn this info from the save??
Perhaps CA2 should be banned for this game. GA, RM, what do you think?

The cost column is wrong btw, it lists full tech costs for techs we do not know, and the cost for "techs known by 1 civ" for those we do know, but it disregards that these techs are known to other civs. Strange, I remember this was correct in some earlier version of CivAssist.

I'll post in the CivAssist thread.

zyxy said:
Ouch, this means the latest version of CivAssist does give away spoiler info. Or is there any way we could learn this info from the save??
Perhaps CA2 should be banned for this game. GA, RM, what do you think?

You can find all that info in the game zyxy, just takes a lot longer.

Top Bottom