Turn 57 - 1600 BC

We're going to be getting Writing in the next turn or 2 as a result of the Elucidia trade.

I assume that our Minister of Foreign Affairs has prepared some discussions and polls on the issue of establishing embassies that he's just chomping at the bit to post.... ;) Now's the time to start posting them.

A reminder to all officials: This pace of this game does not lend itself to reactionary policies. As leaders in this game, even more so than in the SPDG (aka DG2 or DG3), you must be proactive in your policies. We must anticipate actions so that the DP is ready to respond during the play of the current turn.

I think we rushed into that trade? Who would have gotten Mathematics first?

They would have beat us to math by about 3 turns.

Actually, if we can take them at their word, they would have beaten us by only 1 or 2 turns. Micromanagement of Shen Ling and possibly even Zhi Gang (after it grows next turn) and increasing the tech rate to 100% might have narrowed the gap to 1 turn, but it was unlikely.

As it was, we were 2 turns behind when I switched research to Mysticism (before dropping the tech rate). Furthermore, to keep pace, we would have had to delay the production of our settler in Shen Ling. I think this deal will pay off for us in the long run, even if it dampens our chances of getting the Great Library.

The GL is nice, but we can definetly go without.

I know single player is very differant from mulitplayer, but even without the GL I was able to keep in tech in an emperor game, only lagging the mid-middle ages, and then I shot back up to the top again).

So, even though humans are differant, you'll notice our advesaries are playing like computers: They want tech deals based on tech price and not actual value.

Top Bottom