Turn Session turn play amount APR rule

How many turns to play in each session in APR rule?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik The Gray
As the King of the Arkadian Dynasty, and as your Benevolent ruler, I come to you, seeking your opinion on something. In the interest of spicing things up around here, I am aiming for two turn sessions a week. To support this, instructions will need to be developed more quickly, reports sent out more quickly, etc...I really don't see how this can be effectively done for a session that is more than 10 turns long. There are two options on the table: 1) 5 turns per session. 2) 10 turns per session.

I need a quick turn around on this, as I still hope to have BCLG100 play our first turn session by Friday!

This poll will close by Friday Morning, 24 hours from now. (I am in EST US).

Well, I would actually vote Option C. if there was one. Personally, I think 5 or more turns is good, but not more than ten. DP's choice. If they want to play 5, fine. If they want to play 10, fine. Somewhere in between, fine.

Just make sure all Turn Instructions will cover a 10 turn session. Having 10 turn Instructions posted each time will give your people a feeling of continuity. A visual progression that can be referenced for sessions to come, over and over.

I vote 10 but agree with Cyc that it shouldn't be mandatory. Sometimes a good time to stop is in between 5 and 10. Some turn sessions alot happens while others you have your hand on the enter key most of the time.

Our position right now needs careful attention.

Personally, I have always liked pre-planned stop conditions.

I don't believe in stopping for random events. Buck up to the decision. I think everyone here is capable of handling random events, unless it asks you do decare war, but even then, you have to make a decision before you can save the game. So, even then, it's up to whomever is in the chat room, and if it's offline play, then I would say that the DP cannot declare war for a random event. Then again, this statement is fairly obvious.

If something comes up in the turn chat that isn't planned for in the instructions, that shouldn't stop the game.

I don't want to rehash previous discussions on this here, but I agree that stop conditions need to be clearly identified before a session.

Well, I would actually vote Option C. if there was one. Personally, I think 5 or more turns is good, but not more than ten. DP's choice. If they want to play 5, fine. If they want to play 10, fine. Somewhere in between, fine.

Just make sure all Turn Instructions will cover a 10 turn session. Having 10 turn Instructions posted each time will give your people a feeling of continuity. A visual progression that can be referenced for sessions to come, over and over.

Okay, I just want you all to know that this post is going to really, really hurt me.

I agree with Cyc. At times, 5 will be perfect, but we might even have sessions of 10 or 15 it things are quiet and predictable. Unlikely at this point, but possible!

:lol: More of an inside joke, but couldn't pass it up!

-- Ravensfire

:trouble: Yup. Da's purdy funny. :D

It seems so, unless something drastic happens.

Top Bottom