Turning off civ specific abilities

stwils

Emperor
When you set up the Game Rules and you turn off the "civ specific abilities," I know you no longer get the special units. But does that also mean all the civs are just the same in characteristics?

In other words, would England no longer be "Expansionist?" Choosing Egypt would then be the same as choosing England except for the name?

I am going to turn the civ specific abilities off for awhile, I think, until I get a better handle on the game.

Just wondering what it would really mean other than losing the special unit.

stwils:crazyeye:

Originally posted by stwils
When you set up the Game Rules and you turn off the "civ specific abilities," I know you no longer get the special units. But does that also mean all the civs are just the same in characteristics?

In other words, would England no longer be "Expansionist?" Choosing Egypt would then be the same as choosing England except for the name? ....

Just wondering what it would really mean other than losing the special unit.

stwils:crazyeye:

Yep, you're right. They all would then be the same. There was a thread somewhere (Apolyton?) that discussed opinions on this topic. Some felt that by turning off civ-specific abilities, a persons play-style was able to have a greater control over the civ.

Personally, I really enjoy the UUs and civ-specific traits. It gives me something to consider. It might be cool if they could be mixed up like in SMACx. This way one might be expecting a fight from the Aztecs but get run over by the French. :lol: Now, that would be funny!

Edited: Spacing & Spelling

Top Bottom