Two questions about Laroth...

Dracosolon

King
As the title indicates, there are some things about this guy who just bug me:

-First, does he know that, as a new God of Death, he will be forced to conform himself to his precept? Of course, he's an expert in twisting the spirit of anything magical, but i just wonder: what will be his attitude if he effectively becomes that? And, in general, how do the necromancers manage to twist Death Magic?

-The second question is in fact more about Gyra, Archangel of Death: she is the greatest opposant to Laroth, and she must know that the Sidar help Laroth without knowing it. So, why did she ask to basium to spare them? And why didn't she just say to them what she know?

Thanks for any answer, and sorry if there are grammar mistakes. :)

I'd say mortals, even extremely powerful ones, don't know much about the physics of godhood--that is, they don't know how a gods custodianship of a precept effects them and vice versa, and few would even be able to articulate the question. Even Auric, I'd wager, does what he does because of compulsions and feelings rather than deep understanding of the consequences of his actions.

I suppose... But do this means that, even if Laroth ascends, he will have the surprise of a Precept he can't handle, and who will most propably make him just a second Arawn?

EDIT:

Well, mortals don't know how it works for the gods, but Kylorin know that potency for a specific sphere comes with alteration of personnality and mind. As he explained it to Perpentach, we can assume it was not a secret among Students of Kylorin. So, Laroth must expects something.
And it's strange that, as a master of Spirit Magic, he has a personnality much associated with the Mind sphere. And most (apparently) than Perpentach, even if it's implied that Perpentach was a monster during his glory days.

Top Bottom