Uh, hello?

WildFire

amour
Do any of you people actually play this game? It has come out and I must say its a very good game! It's quite fun and in depth and is different from Civ in a lot of ways. Now I just have to find time between this game, Civ and CS.

I am waiting to hear more about it. I was hoping this Forum would get more traffic. Games cost Aus$99 where I live so they are bought rarely.

I've seen reviews but I don't want another game that is effectively an RTS and Empire Earth really has made me wary of games that have a long time scale and are still an RTS rather than with a turnbased element. Although there is Risk mode or something.

i was thinking about getting this game, but not quite sure about it. It seems to much like Age of Empires/Empire Earth.

Well, I believe it is the sequel of Mythology, which on it's turn is the sequel of the Age of Empire series. At least, that's what a shopman said to me...

Age of Mythology is the sequel to Age of Empires but I believe RoN is not. I think one of the Civilization developers made RoN or something.

Yes, that is true; Brian Reynolds was lead designer of Civ2.

Perhaps RoN is a sequel of Age of Mythology like Call to Power was called a sequel of Civ2. :rolleyes: Same type of game, but different makers.

Yes that could be true although I would have thought that RoN was more likely to be the sequel to Empire Earth rather than AOE.

i love it....although unlike other games i cant play it for long periods of time because my eyes began to hurt.

Yeah, i'm burnt out on AoE type games. Thats why i'm killing at Rainbow 6: Ravenshield and Battlefield 1942 :goodjob:

BF rules! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!! :p

I was in a BF tourney and pretty much got sick of the game after they tourney was over.

Plus we came in second :p

I bought it a bit after it came out--but I couldn't play the Conquer the World part since it always crashed. Since that mode was really why I bought the game...Anyway, I just got the 1.02 patch which says it should fix this bug--so I'll be going back in and playing heavily...

I HATE RTS games in general but will play one over a network after work sometimes, but I LOVE playing this game at home by just hitting pause every few seconds! Do that and you can go and investigate all the things you need to upgrade and order the workers and troops about and conduct diplomacy etc. and it plays VERY much like Civ 3! (It would be cool if they added an 'auto-pause' feature that stoped it automatically after a defined amount of game time; then it could really almost be a turn based game, too.)

Is it just me, but does this game seem to play faster than over RTS games? Even when I set the speed to 'slower' it's flying along...

Top Bottom