Unhappiness problem

Redwaller66

Chieftain
Hi guys, tis me again. So lately in my c2c playthrough (I am currently in the classical age) I have been experiencing unrest due to unhappiness in several of my cities. Some I have been able to get under control by building gratuitous amounts of happy producing buildings, while others are very into the negative happiness. The majority of unhappiness in my cities is due to "Our inept government's attempts to over-expand are making us unhappy." I am finding this both humorous and frustrating at the same time. I have the largest civilization in the game, the most populous civilization, my victory points are more than double what the ai in 2nd place is, and I am playing on noble difficulty.

What are some suggestions for bringing this cause of unhappiness down? And what causes it? Why am I inept? XD:confused:1

UPDATE: After I changed my government from chiefdom to monarchy this all went away. Kind of makes sense I guess.

It's caused by the city limits from civics. Too many cities on an early government civic causes large amounts of unhappiness in every city.

Top Bottom