Unique Improvement adjacencies won't work.

ComradeNoot

Chieftain
So like title says I'm trying to get this unique improvement to work and thought I had it. I got it to show up in game and the art to display, it also gets the base yields under improvement_yieldchanges. The modifier for River adjacency works too, but the adjacencies don't. Its weird to, like the civilopedia shows the adjacencies and when you go to build it, the little preview window showing you what kind of yields you will get shows the adjacency bonuses you should get. BUT, once its built, all you get are the base yields, none of the adjacencies.

I checked the database and modding log to see if there was an error but they show nothing. So now I'm stumped. Any help you guys can give would be very appreciated!

Attachments

• Template_Improvements.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 25
So like title says I'm trying to get this unique improvement to work and thought I had it. I got it to show up in game and the art to display, it also gets the base yields under improvement_yieldchanges. The modifier for River adjacency works too, but the adjacencies don't. Its weird to, like the civilopedia shows the adjacencies and when you go to build it, the little preview window showing you what kind of yields you will get shows the adjacency bonuses you should get. BUT, once its built, all you get are the base yields, none of the adjacencies.

I checked the database and modding log to see if there was an error but they show nothing. So now I'm stumped. Any help you guys can give would be very appreciated!

Oh, that should be an easy fix.

Try:

Code:
<Improvement_YieldChanges>
        <!--Unique Improvements -->
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_FOOD" YieldChange="1"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_FAITH" YieldChange="0"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_CULTURE" YieldChange="0"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="0"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE" YieldChange="0"/>
    </Improvement_YieldChanges>

For some reason you always have to introduce all specific types of yields that you include adjacencies for in the base yields, even if only with value "0".

Oh, that should be an easy fix.

Try:

Code:
<Improvement_YieldChanges>
        <!--Unique Improvements -->
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_FOOD" YieldChange="1"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_FAITH" YieldChange="0"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_CULTURE" YieldChange="0"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="0"/>
        <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FLOWER_FIELD" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE" YieldChange="0"/>
    </Improvement_YieldChanges>

For some reason you always have to introduce all specific types of yields that you include adjacencies for in the base yields, even if only with value "0".

Ah I see. That worked thank you :)

I've run into a new problem.

So, I've been modding by just editing and adding files in a custom civ I downloaded. Doing it that way I was able to get the art for the improvement to work. Specifically, having polders be buildable on forests/jungle. However, because I wanted to start adding my own custom leader art and stuff, I started using modbuddy and a project template, and just pulled over all my previous work into the project.

Doing this has somehow caused the Improvement to stop showing when built. I've triple checked that I have the Improvements.artdef I used in the prior mod where it worked fine, and made sure Improvements.artdef is referenced in the mod.art file under landmarks and improvements. Is there something specific to working within the framework of a project that I'm missing?

Nevermind! I figured it out. The landmark.artdef I had in my project was some stripped down file from some other mod I downloaded a long time ago. I added the landmark.artdef from the Expansion 1 DLC (since it contains the Polder related infos) and it worked :D.

Top Bottom