Unit button collection?

aokces

Flanking III Submarine
A lot of the custom units I've downloaded don't have buttons. For vehicles and planes its been easy enough to just find my own image and convert into a .dds file, but for most other units its hard to find a image that looks suitable.
So I'm wondering - is there a collection of unit buttons somewhere on this forum?

I don't think there is.

What era units are you looking for?

Had the same problem, but creating buttons out of screenshots is good enough for me :).

That's what I'm doing for my mod too.

That works for you, but every time i try a screenshot, it fails for some reason. Any help with that?

Be more specific, what fails? If you're using windows, it should be as easy as hitting the prtscn (printscreen) button, and then pasting into photoshop (or gimp).

I do press Prt Sc

However, i have a laptop and have to push FN+Insert to activate prtsc. Then there's a pause and the dialog box says

"Screenshot Failed"

So i have no idea why it doesn't work.

I also use Fn-Insert on my laptop, but that works just fine for me both in and out of the game. Maybe there's another screenshot command for in-game?

So anyways, I like button consistency with the default CIV units, so I'm just screen-capping and trying to mod the default buttons. Thankfully civfanatics has a complete civopedia with images.

This is what I've made so far, very time consuming for a person of my skills, and flavor/ethnic units are beyond my paint/(basic GIMP) abilities. I'm currently looking for some sort of Asian-looking industrial/modern gunpowder unit.

Attachments

• Golden Horde.jpg
    Golden Horde.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Comanche.JPG
    Comanche.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 59
  • gallease.jpg
    gallease.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom