Unit Preview - Dinosaur Rider

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
*** THIS UNIT IS FINISHED. CLICK HERE TO SEE IT ***

I was playing around with my 3D program today. I was feeling kinda creative and thought I'd make this "dinosaur rider" unit. It needs more work but I thought I'd post a preview and get some feedback.

Here is a preview

(I took off the original preview. This picture shows the most recent version)

Originally posted by Dark Sheer
That looks cute! Nice work! ;)
Thanks, Dark Sheer

cute? perhaps I should make the dinosaur more ferocious? :lol:

I still gotta give the guy a face and fix his arms.

Looks cool.

What app. do use to make your 3d? I have lightwave and bryce, but i,ve heard so much about this 3dmax thing. Is it a better app. the the two i stated?

I,m just getting into this 3d thing and looking for a resonable easy way to finish a unit that i,ve been working on. But, alas, my complete lack of talent prevents me from doing so.

Originally posted by stainz
Looks cool.

What app. do use to make your 3d? I have lightwave and bryce, but i,ve heard so much about this 3dmax thing. Is it a better app. the the two i stated?

I,m just getting into this 3d thing and looking for a resonable easy way to finish a unit that i,ve been working on. But, alas, my complete lack of talent prevents me from doing so.

I use Micrografx Simply 3D. It's pretty good and easy to use, but limited in its animations. If you want anything complex you really have to work at it. That's why the fencer unit took so long. I'd like to get 3D Studio Max. At my college many of my friends are using it and I have tried it a few times. It's the best 3D graphics software, besides Maya that I have seen.

I bought this stuff (as well as a lot of other things) at an auction, so i really don,t have any idea on what i,m doing. But i have played with the Bryce app. and it,s pretty wild on what can be done.

I installed the LightWave, and became instantly stoopid :) i guess this app. really takes a lot time to figure out. But i,m probably giving it to my bro as a gift. He,s a little better at these things than i am.

But like i said, i am just looking for a more convenient way to do units, if there is such a way. And yes, i know about the long hrs. it takes to make one, but i,d like to shorten that a little. it,s not too much to ask :)

Anyways, keeps the units coming and even if i don,t reply to many new unit posts, thay are muchly appreciated.

i'll definatly use that in thedino mod. can't wait for it to be done.

here is an attack preview

* I made his spear longer

(It still needs a little tweakin, but just to give you an idea of what it will look like....)

i think you should make the dino more like a raptor
or dichnocus
and mayby you would for the mod make the dino
5 vingers at a arm one there is a big claw and you gotta make it a natural colour
any questions about dinos ask me i am a expert

Originally posted by philippe
i think you should make the dino more like a raptor
or dichnocus
and mayby you would for the mod make the dino
5 vingers at a arm one there is a big claw and you gotta make it a natural colour
any questions about dinos ask me i am a expert

I really didnt intend this one to be any dino in speciifc but i like your ideas. I will make him into a dichnocus (one of my favorite dinos) and add the claws :)

The reason i picked orange was that it would stand out a little better against the light green background in the game.

This was only a preliminary version. I will work on it more this weekend and come up with a final design. Then work on creating the unit FLCs.

Phillippe, I appreciate your input and since you're an expert I hope you will continue to put in your 2 cents as more dino units are sure to come after I finish this one.

those legs are bad.they walk like a doll.
make the leg a little bit smaller and the tail not stif and the claw must be present and the eyes must be placed in the forhead and they must be smaller.
the rest is nice(if you change his colour)

Originally posted by philippe
those legs are bad.they walk like a doll.
make the leg a little bit smaller and the tail not stif and the claw must be present and the eyes must be placed in the forhead and they must be smaller.
the rest is nice(if you change his colour)

I'll see what I can do. what kind of coloring would you suggest?

the kind of color would be green and darkbrown more jungle colours.(afterall raptors where in the bushes)

Top Bottom