Unit Reference for Beginners

MacBryce

Chieftain
Introduction
Being quite new to Civilization Revolution, I organised the units to get a better idea of him I'd like to use them. As always, CivFanatics.com has plenty of reference sheets but I couldn't find the one I was looking for so I made it myself. It's strictly from a military perspective, you can find more information (e.g. production costs) in order articles. (E.g. this one's very helpful: http://www.civfanatics.com/content/civrev/CivRevUltimateTechTree.pdf) Hopefully, someone finds my overview helpful. Feel free to adjust and spread it as much as you like.

My reference sheet
It's a very simple reference sheet to get a quick overview of what unit is good at what. I'm hoping that it will save beginners like myself some time learning to play the game. (I basically made it for my gf, who's playing CivRev now as her very first Civ game.) I've attached it to this post, so if you want to look at it then just scroll down and download it.

What's with the subdivisions?
I organised the units in siege (lots of attack power), all-round (jack of all trades), movement (fast movers), defense (excel in defense) and sea units. As a beginner you might think that planes only fight planes but in Civ Rev planes are very basically ground units so land and air units are put together. The only difference is that a plane needs to refuel in a friendly city or it will crash, while ground units can go on forever without supplies from a city. Finally, I didn't include settlers, spies, caravans or ICBMs as they don't engage in combat with another unit.

It's not true that everything in a certain column can upgrade to whatever's below it. Although warrior => legion => knight => tank and horseman => knight => tank are true, a tank will never upgrade to a fighter. Nor will a cruiser become a submarine or a battleship. That said, the siege column shows the upgrades in correct order and so does the defense column. So if you keep in mind that the cruiser is the last sea upgrade, and that land units can't upgrade to air units, you should be fine using the reference sheet.

(To upgrade units, one player can build the Leonardo's Workshop wonder. The only other way to upgrade is to get units to elite status while playing the Germans. More info about upgrades can be found here: http://www.civfanatics.com/civrev/units)

What are the numbers at the left?
Those are the technology tiers. For example, you start the game at tier 0 and you'll be able to build warriors and galley instantly. Next you study some technology and you'll get tier 1 units, i.e. the archer (after completing Bronse Working) and the horseman (after completing Horseback Riding). Then you complete Iron Working and get the tier 2 unit, i.e. the legion. And so on. It doesn't mean much, but it's a nice way to bring structure to the game.

Where are the production costs?
I excluded it as it doesn't really matter to me. The game communicates this pretty well itself while you're playing, so you'll quickly learn that a Legion has its purpose since it's cheaper than a Knight or Horseman and you can spam more of them.

Final remarks
So that's my contribution. I hope somebody finds a use for it.

Attachments

• CivRev Units.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 651
It has already been written in the civ rev menu, and you can see the attack/defence/movement of the units.. Then, it can be worth but I'm not sure, you could have wasted your time

Oh, but I didn't created it as a reference of the a/d/m points. It's a reference to bring structure to the units. IMO the game requires you to build siege to attack cities, defense to defend your cities, high movement units to explore and support defense and offense, and all-around units to support whatever you need at a relatively low cost. My chart keeps track of these at each tier and therefore has a certain usefulness that I haven't seen elsewhere. That said, it only cost me 15 minutes of my time and apparently I've already helped one person (excluding myself and my gf). :)

Top Bottom