1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Units for MansWork

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by gwendoline, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Nanuk

Nanuk Warlord

The UH-1Y Venom. There's about 5 or 6 units in Mans Work that are also unique to my mod. I believe that's why Gwendoline is not releasing them separately.

2. gwendoline

gwendoline Prince

whoops. It shouldn't be get into the release version :shifty: at least it turned off in game. But it could be in dl database after another mod release (not mine).

3. Lionic

Lionic King

Yeah right it is not enabled in *.txt or *.biq settings.

4. clamel

clamel Prince

Ooh, I understand but it's not that nice to hide units within a mod. 5-6 ? Which ones. Gwendoline made sooo many it's almost impossible to spot the odd ones missing.
    I like to keep nice folders of units so if you please help me identify the missing ones.
    It's also very easy never to see a lot of units in-game. Checking units off from the mod contra the several hundreds Gwendoline made is a huuuuge work.

Gwendoline, please release them as single units so they are more easily appreciated and known.

Your mod is just great with all those units of yours in a period I really like. Napoleonic time until our advance time. THANKS

5. Lionic

Lionic King

A couple of dozens at least. It's not difficult to extract them from the mod the only problem that separate unit32.pcx is not attached.

6. Nanuk

Nanuk Warlord

I can't speak for Gwendoline's other units, but the 20+ that were made for my mod will be released individually after my mod's release. The ones included in the data files in Mans Works are mostly helicopters. I counted 6 units last time I checked. Those will be released individually about a month or so after AGON (my mod) releases.

7. gwendoline

gwendoline Prince

AGON includes some important units people wants to see, such as Armata, Apache, Chinook, Hokum and others, few of them i joined to my needs and now it may be called a demo. (btw, i wasn't sure which mod will be in release first :shifty:)

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  8. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

I can't believe you've been holding out on us! :cry:

9. Nanuk

Nanuk Warlord

It is not a problem. The only reason I noticed it was because I started going through your mod to see if I could find any units to add to my mod that I didn't pick up in the database. Even if you included all the units you made for me, I would not be upset, at least people would have them to play with. But still, it's only a few.

AGON will still have a lot. Including a variant of the M1A3 and some extra units not yet revealed.

10. Lionic

Lionic King

Good luck to both of you with your projects.

11. clamel

clamel Prince

Of course it isn't hard to gather them up ONCE you spotted them.
    It's a matter of "leg-work" to find what unit hasn't been released. It's kind of needle in the hay. But a hint has been noted, mostly helos....

12. clamel

clamel Prince

This thread have been silent for some time. I miss Gwendolines great units, but of course all this talk about a mod by Nanuk that includes some more unpublished stuff. Have I missed out on these and that mod or is it still in creation mode. ?

13. Nanuk

Nanuk Warlord

Will be in creation mode for a while. After having to restart due to a data corruption, I've scrapped it all and started from scratch, and looked to expand the unit library. Gwendoline has been kind enough to continue working on it with me. Currently in a hiatus while I look for a new job.