[Units] New texts

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Please post here your propositions of text for each unit in the game.

At this moment post only the "pedia" texts (historic background), once the mod is more polished/balanced we can then make individual text for "help" (gameplay) texts.

here is how I'd like it for easier inclusion in the mod:
(use the code tag in "advanced reply" mode to keep the indentation)
Code:
		<!--CIVILOPEDIA PANZER VI-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZER_VI_TIGER">
			<Text>
				In answer to the powerful Soviet T-34 and KV-1 mechanized units, the Panzerkempfwagon VI Tiger Ausf.E was manufactured by Henschel from 1942 to 1944 and remained in service until the end of the war. It was one of the most powerful tanks used by the German Wehrmacht during the Second World War. Hosting a crew of 5, the Tiger possessed a powerful main gun (88 mm), two secondary guns (7.92 mm MG 34), and thick armour plating (25-110 mm). Unfortunately, the Tiger was held back by the its high fuel consumption, limited mobile range, and frequent breakdowns. A fierce weapon on the field, more Tigers were lost due to malfunction and self-destruction then at the hands of the enemy. Despite these flaws, the tiger was generally feared by its opponents.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The Tiger was also too wide and heavy for many small bridges, so it was designed to be able to, after a lengthy setup period, ford four meter deep water (two meter for later models).[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The first major use of the Tiger was at the Battle of Kursk, but it found use on all German battlefronts, including France, Italy, and North Africa where they dominated in the open terrain despite being deployed in small numbers. A testament to the Tigers durability, even though only 1,347 were manufactured and all before 1944, many remained in action until the end of the war.
			</Text>
		</Row>

Note the double [NEWLINE] tags at end of line to keep the space between paragraphs in the game pedia.

In the spoiler below are the current units reference name for the row tag of type TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_[UNIT_NAME]

Some obviously won't need text ("default" units from each class like "TANK", "TANK_A", etc...), and some are already done (Battleships), see TextsPedia.xml

Spoiler :

UNIT_NAME | STATUT
AMERICAN_INFANTRY| DONE
AMERICAN_MARINES|
CHINESE_INFANTRY|
ENGLISH_INFANTRY| DONE
INDIAN_INFANTRY|
FRENCH_INFANTRY| DONE
FRENCH_FOREIGNLEGION|
GERMAN_INFANTRY|
GERMAN_SS_INFANTRY|
GREEK_INFANTRY| DONE
JAPAN_INFANTRY|
ITALIAN_INFANTRY|
RUSSIAN_INFANTRY|
RUSSIAN_NAVAL_INFANTRY|
POLAND_INFANTRY|
HUNGARY_INFANTRY|
GERMAN_PARATROOPER|
BRITISH_PARATROOPER|
AMERICAN_PARATROOPER|
CHINESE_PARATROOPER|
FRENCH_PARATROOPER|
GREEK_PARATROOPER|
JAPAN_PARATROOPER|
ITALIAN_PARATROOPER|
RUSSIAN_PARATROOPER|
GERMAN_SPECIAL_FORCES|
BRITISH_SPECIAL_FORCES|
AMERICAN_SPECIAL_FORCES|
CHINESE_SPECIAL_FORCES|
FRENCH_SPECIAL_FORCES|
GREEK_SPECIAL_FORCES|
JAPAN_SPECIAL_FORCES|
ITALIAN_SPECIAL_FORCES|
RUSSIAN_SPECIAL_FORCES|
FRENCH_MECH_INFANTRY|
GERMAN_MECH_INFANTRY|
AMERICAN_MECH_INFANTRY|
RUSSIAN_MECH_INFANTRY|
BRITISH_MECH_INFANTRY|
TANK_M3_STUART|
TANK_M5_STUART|
TANK_M24_CHAFFEE|
TANK_SHERMAN| DONE
TANK_SHERMAN_IIA| DONE
TANK_SHERMAN_III| DONE
TANK_SHERMAN_IIIA| DONE
TANK_SHERMAN_IV| DONE
TANK_SHERMAN_JUMBO| DONE
TANK_SHERMAN_EASYEIGHT| DONE
TANK_M26_PERSHING| DONE
TANK_T28_95|
TANK_T26B|
TANK_VICKERS_MKVIB| DONE
TANK_TETRARCH| DONE
TANK_MATILDA_I| DONE
TANK_MATILDA_II| DONE
TANK_VALENTINE| DONE
TANK_CRUISER_MKI| DONE
TANK_CRUISER_MKII| DONE
TANK_CRUISER_MKIII| DONE
TANK_CRUISER_MKIV| DONE
TANK_A13_MKIII| DONE
TANK_A15_CRUSADER| DONE
TANK_A15_CRUSADER_MKIII| DONE
TANK_A24_CAVALIER|
TANK_A27_CENTAUR|
TANK_CROMWELL| DONE
TANK_A30_CHALLENGER|
TANK_A34_COMET|
TANK_M3_GRANT|
TANK_M4_FIREFLY| DONE
TANK_CHURCHILL| DONE
TANK_A41_CENTURION|
TANK_A39_TORTOISE|
TANK_AMR35|
TANK_FCM36|
TANK_R35| DONE
TANK_R35_BONUS| DONE
TANK_R40|
TANK_H35|
TANK_H39|
TANK_AMC35|
TANK_CHAR_D1|
TANK_CHAR_D2|
TANK_S35| DONE
TANK_B1| DONE
TANK_ARL44|
TANK_CHAR_2C|
TANK_PANZER_I| DONE
TANK_PANZER_35|
TANK_PANZER_38| DONE
TANK_PANZER_II| DONE
TANK_PANZER_II_L|
TANK_PANZER_III|
TANK_PANZER_III_J|
TANK_PANZER_IV| DONE
TANK_PANZER_IV_G| DONE
TANK_PANZER_IV_H| DONE
TANK_PANZER_V_PANTHER|
TANK_PANZER_VI_TIGER| DONE
TANK_PANZER_VIB_TIGER_II| DONE
TANK_PANZER_VIII_MAUS|
TANK_VICKERS_MKE_GREECE|
TANK_VICKERS_MKII_GREECE|
TANK_T26|
TANK_T70|
TANK_BT2|
TANK_BT7|
TANK_T28|
TANK_T34|
TANK_T34_76|
TANK_T34_85|
TANK_KV1| DONE
TANK_IS_1|
TANK_IS_2|
TANK_IS_3|
TANK_IS_7|
TANK_L6_40|
TANK_M11_39|
TANK_M13_40| DONE
TANK_M14_41|
TANK_M15_42|
TANK_P26_40| DONE
TANK_TYPE95|
TANK_TYPE4_KE_NU|
TANK_TYPE97| DONE
TANK_TYPE97_SHINHOTO|
TANK_TYPE1_CHI_HE|
TANK_TYPE3_CHI_NU|
TANK_TYPE4_CHI_TO|
TANK_TYPE5_CHI_RI|
TANK_TYPE100|
TANK_VICKERS_MKE_A|
TANK_7TP| DONE
TANK_10TP|
TANK_38M_TOLDI_I|
TANK_40M_TURAN_I|
ASSAULT_GUN_SU122|
ASSAULT_GUN_SU152|
ASSAULT_GUN_KV2|
ASSAULT_GUN_ISU122|
ASSAULT_GUN_ISU152|
ASSAULT_GUN_SAU40|
ASSAULT_GUN_STUG_III|
ASSAULT_GUN_STUG_III_F|
ASSAULT_GUN_STUG_III_G|
ASSAULT_GUN_STUG_IV|
ASSAULT_GUN_BRUMMBAR|
ASSAULT_GUN_STURMTIGER|
ASSAULT_GUN_M41|
ASSAULT_GUN_TYPE2|
TANK_DESTROYER_W15_TCC|
TANK_DESTROYER_AMR35_ZT3|
TANK_DESTROYER_37L|
TANK_DESTROYER_PZJ_I|
TANK_DESTROYER_MARDER_II|
TANK_DESTROYER_MARDER_II_D|
TANK_DESTROYER_MARDER_I|
TANK_DESTROYER_MARDER_III|
TANK_DESTROYER_MARDER_III_H|
TANK_DESTROYER_MARDER_III_M|
TANK_DESTROYER_HETZER|
TANK_DESTROYER_NASHORN|
TANK_DESTROYER_PZJ_IV|
TANK_DESTROYER_PZJ_IV_L70|
TANK_DESTROYER_JAGDPANTHER|
TANK_DESTROYER_FERDINAND|
TANK_DESTROYER_JAGDTIGER|
TANK_DESTROYER_ARCHER|
TANK_DESTROYER_ACHILLES|
TANK_DESTROYER_ZIS30|
TANK_DESTROYER_SU76|
TANK_DESTROYER_SU85|
TANK_DESTROYER_SU100|
TANK_DESTROYER_L40|
TANK_DESTROYER_M41|
TANK_DESTROYER_M42M|
TANK_DESTROYER_M42T|
TANK_DESTROYER_M43|
TANK_DESTROYER_M10|
TANK_DESTROYER_M18|
TANK_DESTROYER_M36|
TANK_DESTROYER_HO_NI_I|
TANK_DESTROYER_HO_NI_II|
TANK_DESTROYER_HO_NI_III|
TANK_DESTROYER_NA_TO|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_HOTCHKISS|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_FLK_PZI|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_FLK_PZ38|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_MOBELWAGEN|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_WIRBELWIND|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_OSTWIND|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_KUGELBLITZ|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_COELIAN|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_CRUSADER|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_ZSU37|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_AUTOCANNONE|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_M16A1|
MOBILE_AA_GUN_TYPE98|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_BISON|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_GRILLE|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_WESPE|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_HUMMEL|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_BISHOP|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_PRIEST|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_SEXTON|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_SU26|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_BM13|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_BM13_16|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_M7|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_M12|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_M40|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_HO_RO|
MOBILE_ARTILLERY_HA_TO|
FIGHTER_P47|
FIGHTER_P36|
FIGHTER_P40|
FIGHTER_P51|
FIGHTER_P38|
FIGHTER_F2A|
FIGHTER_F4F|
FIGHTER_F6F|
FIGHTER_F4U|
FIGHTER_P40N_CHINA|
FIGHTER_HURRICANE| DONE
FIGHTER_HURRICANE_MKII| DONE
FIGHTER_TYPHOON|
FIGHTER_TEMPEST|
FIGHTER_SPITFIRE| DONE
FIGHTER_SPITFIRE_MKV| DONE
FIGHTER_SPITFIRE_MKIX| DONE
FIGHTER_WHIRLWIND|
FIGHTER_BEAUFIGHTER|
FIGHTER_METEOR|
FIGHTER_MB152|
FIGHTER_HURRICANE_FR| DONE
FIGHTER_MS406|
FIGHTER_HAWK75|
FIGHTER_P40_FRANCE|
FIGHTER_D520|
FIGHTER_D790|
FIGHTER_POTEZ630|
FIGHTER_BF109| DONE
FIGHTER_BF109_F| DONE
FIGHTER_BF109_G| DONE
FIGHTER_BF109_T|
FIGHTER_FW190| DONE
FIGHTER_BF110|
FIGHTER_BF110_F4|
FIGHTER_JU88_C|
FIGHTER_HE219|
FIGHTER_ME262|
FIGHTER_P24|
FIGHTER_SPITFIRE_GREECE| DONE
FIGHTER_A5M|
FIGHTER_A6M2_ZERO|
FIGHTER_A6M5_ZERO|
FIGHTER_A7M|
FIGHTER_KI43|
FIGHTER_KI44|
FIGHTER_KI84|
FIGHTER_KI61|
FIGHTER_KI100|
FIGHTER_KI100_II|
FIGHTER_N1K2|
FIGHTER_J2M|
FIGHTER_CR42|
FIGHTER_G50|
FIGHTER_C202|
FIGHTER_C205|
FIGHTER_G55|
FIGHTER_C200|
FIGHTER_CAPRONI|
FIGHTER_I16|
FIGHTER_LAGG3|
FIGHTER_LA5|
FIGHTER_LA5_V2|
FIGHTER_LA7|
FIGHTER_YAK7|
FIGHTER_YAK9|
FIGHTER_CIV4|
FIGHTER_LAGG3_EGYPT|
FIGHTER_BF109_SPAIN| DONE
FIGHTER_P11|
BOMBER_A20|
BOMBER_B25|
BOMBER_B17| DONE
BOMBER_B24|
BOMBER_B29|
BOMBER_B25_CHINA|
BOMBER_SWORDFISH|
BOMBER_LANCASTER|
BOMBER_MOSQUITO|
BOMBER_WELLINGTON| DONE
BOMBER_HALIFAX|
BOMBER_LN401| DONE
BOMBER_AMIOT350| DONE
BOMBER_BR690|
BOMBER_BR810|
BOMBER_JU87|
BOMBER_JU87T|
BOMBER_JU88|
BOMBER_HE111|
BOMBER_HE177|
BOMBER_AR234|
BOMBER_HO229|
BOMBER_FAIREY| DONE
BOMBER_BLENHEIM_GREECE| DONE
BOMBER_AICHI|
BOMBER_G4M3|
BOMBER_KI21| DONE
BOMBER_BA65| DONE
BOMBER_SM79| DONE
BOMBER_SM84| DONE
BOMBER_IL2|
BOMBER_IL2M3|
BOMBER_IL10|
BOMBER_PE2| DONE
BOMBER_TU2| DONE
BOMBER_IL4|
BOMBER_TB3|
BOMBER_PE8| DONE
BOMBER_B24_EGYPT|
BOMBER_PZL37| DONE
BOMBER_CIV4|
BOMBER_JU88_SPAIN|
DESTROYER_FLETCHER|
DESTROYER_TRIBA|
DESTROYER_FANTASQUE|
DESTROYER_TYPE_1934A|
DESTROYER_GEORGIOS|
DESTROYER_KAGERO|
DESTROYER_SOLDATI|
DESTROYER_GNEVNY|
CRUISER_BALTIMORE|
CRUISER_DIDO|
CRUISER_GALISSONIERE|
CRUISER_LEIPZIG|
CRUISER_PISA|
CRUISER_TAKAO|
CRUISER_KIROV|
HEAVY_CRUISER_DEUTSCHLAND|
HEAVY_CRUISER_ZARA|
DREADNOUGHT_ELIZABETH|
DREADNOUGHT_DI_CAVOUR|
DREADNOUGHT_GANGUT| DONE
DREADNOUGHT_PENNSYLVANIA|
BATTLESHIP_SOUTH_DAKOTA| DONE
BATTLESHIP_IOWA| DONE
BATTLESHIP_ADMIRAL| DONE
BATTLESHIP_GEORGE_V|
BATTLESHIP_DUNKERQUE| DONE
BATTLESHIP_RICHELIEU| DONE
BATTLESHIP_SCHARNHORST| DONE
BATTLESHIP_BISMARK| DONE
BATTLESHIP_KONGO|
BATTLESHIP_YAMOTO| DONE
BATTLESHIP_LITTORIO| DONE
BATTLESHIP_SOYUZ|
SUBMARINE_GATO|
SUBMARINE_TCLASS|
SUBMARINE_REDOUTABLE|
SUBMARINE_U_BOAT|
SUBMARINE_KATSONIS|
SUBMARINE_B1|
SUBMARINE_MARCELLO|
SUBMARINE_SHCHUKA|
SUBMARINE_ORZEL|
CARRIER_JOFFRE|
CARRIER_ZEPPELIN|
CARRIER_YORKTOWN|
CARRIER_ARK_ROYAL|
CARRIER_PROJECT71|
CARRIER_AQUILA|
CARRIER_KAGA|

Gede

I'm just reposting this here for my convenience. You can reply here too. Thanks.

If I do it up in this format, how do I know if I've done it correctly?

Say, for example, I had written this code. How would I know that it was titled PANZERVI and not PANZERVITIGER? Is there a location that I would look to confirm the appropriate term, and to ensure I've spelled the term correctly? Or does it matter?

Code:
		<!--CIVILOPEDIA PANZER VI-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZERVI">
			<Text>
				In answer to the powerful Soviet T-34 and KV-1 mechanized units, the Panzerkempfwagon VI Tiger Ausf.E was manufactured by Henschel from 1942 to 1944 and remained in service until the end of the war. It was one of the most powerful tanks used by the German Wehrmacht during the Second World War. Hosting a crew of 5, the Tiger possessed a powerful main gun (88 mm), two secondary guns (7.92 mm MG 34), and thick armour plating (25-110 mm). Unfortunately, the Tiger was held back by the its high fuel consumption, limited mobile range, and frequent breakdowns. A fierce weapon on the field, more Tigers were lost due to malfunction and self-destruction then at the hands of the enemy. Despite these flaws, the tiger was generally feared by its opponents.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The Tiger was also too wide and heavy for many small bridges, so it was designed to be able to, after a lengthy setup period, ford four meter deep water (two meter for later models).[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The first major use of the Tiger was at the Battle of Kursk, but it found use on all German battlefronts, including France, Italy, and North Africa where they dominated in the open terrain despite being deployed in small numbers. A testament to the Tigers durability, even though only 1,347 were manufactured and all before 1944, many remained in action until the end of the war.
			</Text>
		</Row>

Thanks,

G.

yes, it may be important if I can code an automatic initialization in sql.

I'll post a reference list in the first post when back from work.

I could try some for the Infantry units!
Code:
<!--CIVILOPEDIA GREEK INFANTRY-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_GR_INFANTRY">
			<Text>
				Greece has neither advanced or many infantry and its military has suffered recently from numerous wars against our neighbour Turkey and Bulgaria.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Greeks, however are experienced and devoted to protecting their home at all costs. During the war, the Greeks showed their determination against the Italian army when they invaded Albania and would have succeeded if not for German intervention.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Greek Infantry is highly disciplined and gets a high bonus when adjacent to friendly units.  
			</Text>
		</Row>
<!--CIVILOPEDIA ENGLISH INFANTRY-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_EN_INFANTRY">
			<Text>
				England has always had a small army compared to its navy and airforce but has one of the best trained for the time. The military has previously taken great casualties in the great war and crumbled in france in 1940.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Although, under great leadership, their well equipped and well trained infantry units force off the nazi attack. The British are ferocious in their own home and enjoy a nice defensive bonus in their own land. 
			</Text>
		</Row>

I could try some for the Infantry units!
Code:
			<Text>
				Greece has neither advanced or many infantry and its military has suffered recently from numerous wars against our neighbour Turkey and 					Bulgaria[newline][newline]Greeks, however are experienced and devoted to protecting their home at all costs. During the war, the Greeks 					showed their determination against the Italian army when they invaded Albania and would have succeeded if not for German intervention.						[newline][newline] Greek Infantry is highly disciplined and gets a high bonus when adjacent to friendly units.  
			</Text>
		</Row>
<!--CIVILOPEDIA ENGLISH INFANTRY-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_EN_INFANTRY">
			<Text>
				England has always had a small army compared to its navy and airforce but has one of the best trained for the time. The military has 				previously[newline][newline] taken great casualties in the great war and crumbled in france in 1940. Although, under great leadership, 
				their well equipped and well trained infantry units force off the nazi attack. The British are ferocious in their own home and enjoy a 		
				[newline][newline] nice defensive bonus in their own land. 
			</Text>
		</Row>

Skibbi,

Do you have objections regarding me editing your work, such as grammar, spelling, or just rewording it to give it a more fluid feel? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just very anal about textual presentation.

G.

Texts are here to be proposed, edition/correction is part of the process I think :)

I didn't touch the text itself, but I've edited your post to corrected the presentation Skibbi, the [NEWLINE] tags are for end of paragraph, and must be in capital.

Here's a rewrite of the Greek Infantry. I reworded what Skibbi did to give it a smoother flow, and expanded upon it. I also Removed the reference to the in game bonus, as Gedemon had mentioned he only wanted historic background information.

Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_GREEK_INFANTRY">
			<Text>
				Greek infantry was neither advanced nor numerous, and its military had suffered recent casualties from numerous wars against its neighbour, Turkey. This recent exposure to military action provided the front line infantry with operational experience.  That knowledge, and their great devotion to protecting Greece from invaders, made them an effective fighting force.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				When Fascist Italy invaded from Albania, Greek troops showed their strength and determination by forcing the Italians back across the Albanian border.  Unfortunately for the Greeks, Hitler wanted to protect his ally&#8217;s reputation, and Germany invaded Greece on 6 April 1941, conquering the country within a month.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Throughout the occupation, Greek resistance sprung up numerous times even managing to liberate several mountainous regions from German occupation.  Unfortunately, large scale resistance beyond that was limited due to civil conflict between the different factions.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The government in exile formed armed forces and, fighting alongside the British, engaged the Axis troops in North Africa, the Middle East, and Italy.
			</Text>
		</Row>

If I've left out any important information, let me know and I will edit in.

At first I was about to say it was a bit too much info, but after re-reading I like the way it resume what should have experienced the basic troops of the period during the war :goodjob:

Added the list of units name in the first post for reference, well, finally it was TANK_PANZER_VI_TIGER for the Panzer VI :D

Here's a rewrite of the Greek Infantry. I reworded what Skibbi did to give it a smoother flow, and expanded upon it. I also Removed the reference to the in game bonus, as Gedemon had mentioned he only wanted historic background information.

Code:
			<Text>
				Greek infantry was neither advanced nor numerous, and its military had suffered recent casualties from numerous wars against its neighbour, Turkey. This recent exposure to military action provided the front line infantry with operational experience.  That knowledge, and their great devotion to protecting Greece from invaders, made them an effective fighting force.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				When Fascist Italy invaded from Albania, Greek troops showed their strength and determination by forcing the Italians back across the Albanian border.  Unfortunately for the Greeks, Hitler wanted to protect his ally’s reputation, and Germany invaded Greece on 6 April 1941, conquering the country within a month.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Throughout the occupation, Greek resistance sprung up numerous times even managing to liberate several mountainous regions from German occupation.  Unfortunately, large scale resistance beyond that was limited due to civil conflict between the different factions.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The government in exile formed armed forces and, fighting alongside the British, engaged the Axis troops in North Africa, the Middle East, and Italy.
			</Text>
		</Row>

If I've left out any important information, let me know and I will edit in.

You're good at this!

And the British rewrite. I expanded on Skibbi's work, added more, and removed the game bonus reference.

Code:
		<!--CIVILOPEDIA BRITISH INFANTRY-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_ENGLISH_INFANTRY">
			<Text>
				At the end of the Great War, Britain found itself wanting in regards to the number of soldiers in its military, as close to a million had been lost.  At the outbreak of the Second World War Britain had a small army compared to other nations (9 available divisions compared to Germany’s 78 and France’s 86), and after declaring war on Germany, the British Expeditionary Force (BEF) was dispatched to France.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				After the fall of France, most of the remaining BEF was rescued from Dunkirk by the British Navy and civilian craft.  The British would continue to engage the Axis forces on many fronts, including Greece, North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Norway, Malaya, Singapore, and Burma.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				British troops would also take part during the D-Day landings, storming beaches Sword and Gold, and continuing on against German forces throughout Northern France, The Low Countries, and Germany itself.
			</Text>
		</Row>

G.

yep, I definitively like the style. Keep them coming, I'm finishing my test for full compatibility civ5 vanilla/G&K and then I'll redo the initialization mechanism for the units, including something for automatic inclusion of those texts here.

Can you do for France?

I could do some, but I have no idea how to get the text into that code format :crazyeye:

Download Notepad++, open it, create new file and copy one of the code above in it, it should keep the indentation, work from there.

When posting here, use the code tag in "advanced reply" mode.

yep, I definitively like the style. Keep them coming, I'm finishing my test for full compatibility civ5 vanilla/G&K and then I'll redo the initialization mechanism for the units, including something for automatic inclusion of those texts here.

I will do my best to do as many as I can with the free time aloted me. School, work, wife, family, and friends get in the way sometime.

:mischief: Don't tell my wife I included her in that list.

Bare with me though, it might take a while. There are a lot of units, after all.

Download Notepad++, open it, create new file and copy one of the code above in it, it should keep the indentation, work from there.

When posting here, use the code tag in "advanced reply" mode.

I just compose in word, then quote the first one that you posted, modify it for the new unit and presto. :king:

Bare with me though, it might take a while. There are a lot of units, after all.

There is no hurry, it's not as if the mod had a fixed released date :D

I'll add what's done when it's done.

Also, battleships need to be fixed, as it says the admiral class is the strongest!

Code:
 <!--CIVILOPEDIA Panzer IV-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZER_IV">
			<Text>
				The Panzerkampfwagen IV (Tank Mark IV), otherwise known as the Panzer IV, was a medium and infantry support tank used by Germany and its allies during the Second World War. It was the most produced German tank during the war, with more than 8,800 produced. The first models were infantry support tanks, armed with stubby 75mm KwK L/24. As the Panzer III became increasingly obsolete, the Wehrmacht needed a tank that could fight other tank effectivly. The F2 and G models had not only AT guns(KwK L/43 on the F2, a KwK L/48 on the G)that had better armor penitration than the F-32 gun on the Soviet T-34/76, the armor was upgraded as well. A further varient, the H, had side skirts to protect against small arms and explosives. Late in the war, the Panzer IVH was proven to be inferior to the Panther and Tiger, but proved a capable adversary.While production was stopped in late 1944, they were used up until the very end of the war. The chassis was the base for many Tank Destroyers, SPGs, and Anti-Aircraft guns. The last known useage of the Panzer IV was during the Six-Day War(1967), by the Syrians. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
			</Text>
		</Row>
How's this? This text can be used for all of the Panzer IV models :D

Top Bottom