Units passing mountains glitch

danielfc3

Chieftain
As title says - my units can freely move over mountains from day one. I am England. I have no mods installed. Brand new game and laptop even. Warriors, builders, everything can pass over mountains. AI units cannot however.

As title says - my units can freely move over mountains from day one. I am England. I have no mods installed. Brand new game and laptop even. Warriors, builders, everything can pass over mountains. AI units cannot however.
Wasn't there a Natural Wonder that gives units the abillty to move over mountains?

Wasn't there a Natural Wonder that gives units the abillty to move over mountains?
Not as far as I know. My very first move from start of game can literally be to walk on a mountain. There's no natural wonders nearby. I have restarted several maps. Same problem.

I've never come across this bug. Try reverifying the game files with Steam.
Unfortunately it is happening, and is making the game unplayable. This is a game I just started now. After checking the integrity of the files.

Attachments

• IMG20231108055810.jpg
    IMG20231108055810.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
You’re definitely using mods, based on that screenshot. At the very least you’re using the civ 5 terrain mod. You need to check your mod folders and Steam mod subscriptions.

You’re definitely using mods, based on that screenshot. At the very least you’re using the civ 5 terrain mod. You need to check your mod folders and Steam mod subscriptions.
Well, I never selected mods. So let me remove that. I literally just installed it to a new device.

Now I have disabled all, and cannot even start a game. I have also re-verified files. THen I selected only official mods (Gathering Storm), still cannot even click ''start game''.

It's definitely an issue related to mods or alteration of the game's files. Unsubscribe from all your mods via Steam, delete any mods on your local folders, then re-verify the game files. Simply reinstalling the game after all that wouldn't hurt either.

It almost has to be some combination of Mods causing the problem: I've used the Civ 5 Terrain Mod for several years now and never had any problem with it.

Top Bottom