1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

University of Zojoji

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by TimBentley, Oct 16, 2004.

1. TimBentley

TimBentley Chieftain

I am not from Illinois, that sounds like an Iroquois name or something. The only presidents I know of are myself and the leaders of the other countries, and none of them are named George W. Bush. About 7 presidents were better than him? Does that include me? ;)

2. TimBentley

TimBentley Chieftain

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

"Yes, it includes you Tim. It also includes Black_Hole, President of the G.W. Bush Fan Club. And it was a trick question, G.W. Bush is not a religion (ever since he was kicked out of Waco...). Just like the first question was a trick question. Books don't weigh, scales do. But we gave it to BH anyway. I'll give him this one too, as I didn't know the answer...

I'll see if I can come up with a truly difficult question for you. ;)

4. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

I caught the trick question on this one, but not the book one....
    If you ever wanna join the club, just call me ;)

5. Sir Donald III

Sir Donald III Chieftain

This is the written "in character" history of how the Coal at Hill Valley was discovered and how the Steam Engine was developed at Zojoji. Written in book form, no character development. I would like for the Science Ministry, or if they don't want to do it University Provost Tim, to post the "announcement of their findings" regarding the new ore in 1265 AD, as well as the invention of the Steam Engine.

----

When Sir Donald became Shogun in 1180 AD, He made a census of all Workers and Slaves, and called the foreign slaves to work in teams of the same nationality.

Sir Donald also created a Worker plan designed for quick and systematic job completion. The details of this plan were that teams would be grouped to however many people it would take to construct a mine in 5 years.

Foreign workers toiled more slowly than the natural borns who were paid. Even so, there were enough Roman Slaves so that the conditions for a Team could be satisfied among them.

Therefore, Shogun Donald gathered these at a riverside West of the town of Hill Valley, formerly Hlobane. It was in his thought to construct a road from Hill Valley to Osgiliath, and develop the land nearby. This he thus tasked to these slaves.

As the slaves toiled in building the mine, they noticed that the ore of this hill was unlike that or normal ores, or even the iron ore of Zojoji and Manchai. It was black and crumbled more easily than other ores.

Minister Civman 2004 was intirgued by these ores, and had samples sent to the Nameless Scientific Assistants at the University of Zojoji for futher study.

Though the rock would gain a scientific name later, its original and comman name was "coal", which was part of the Roman word for "Union", for it was at that hill that the Roman Slaves were brought together as a full team.

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Mayor Cyc once again came to visit Tim, but this time he had a question of a different nature.

"Good day, Tim. I hope everything is going well here at the University. I've heard the new wing is almost complete and the student are ready to occupy it. I'm glad to see the U of Z has chosen to open it's School of Creative Arts. We have long needed a center for Performing and Visual Arts, it's an area I believe we need to focus on. Which brings me to the reason of my visit today.

I've been in communication with former President Furiey as she's going to be relocating to our beautiful city. As Furiey has a wealth of knowledge and talent in Visual Arts - she's an accomplished artist herself, I was hoping she could could Chair or be the Administator for the Department. As a former President and Vice President, she has the administrative skills to run the Department, plus I believe she could be our Artist-in-Residence with a title of Professor. I think she would make a great addition to the Faculty as well.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this matter, I'll be waiting to hear from you. But right now, I have to go handle a property transaction. Later...

7. TimBentley

TimBentley Chieftain

Tim went to the board and said, "Mayor Cyc has informed me a candidate for the chair of the Department of Creative Arts, which would include a professorship as well. Her name is Furiey."

Furiey went in to have an interview with the board. Once she left, the board unanimously agreed that Furiey should get the job. Tim said, "As if her skills and knowledge weren't enough, she also has a name. It will be nice to have a fellow faculty member who has a name." Tim started to write Furiey that she was hired, and planned to speak to Cyc about it soon.

8. TimBentley

TimBentley Chieftain

Tim was sitting in his office when a messenger brought a letter. It read:
    Tim called the messenger back in, and told him to take the letter to the nameless biology professor.