Unoffical Offical CFC Minecraft Server -- World 3

I'm on as CSirce, looking forward to fun MineCraft with you all!

me and death are lagging a lot can you can you try rebooting the server or do you know the cause?
if so is there anyway to fix it?
DrMo

Yeah, master chief realized croxis's minecraft server is where the fun is at

The developer of Towny has been MIA for a couple weeks now and the plugin is on the verge of fully breaking. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment and holding out for his return for a few more days, but I also need to look ahead if he does not.

For reference this is what towny currently provides the server:

Town block/switch protection
Anti-baddie spawning
Economy to buy/maintain town to prevent town spam and clear away abandoned towns
Population size caps to prevent runaway towns
War between nations (which no one ever used for some reason)
Subzoning which can be sold/leased to players in town

There are multiple protection options to consider which I will link to. Please consider both the command interface as well as the features provided:
  • iCoLand -- Cuboid land buying with optional addons. Multiworld support or non-cube shapes is unknown.
  • Residence -- Much more freeform zoning system with near infinite subzone potential. Multiworld support
  • Factions (wiki) -- Most similar to towny. Very interesting mechanism for chunk claiming that is explained on their wiki
  • NPCX Civilization -- This is part of the npc plugin that I am currently testing on the server. It is under very active development right now and I have not explored the current feature set yet. The objective is to have something similar to towny, but the mayor/residents can hire and use NPCs to guard/be merchants, etc. There is a research system planned as well to buy/develop new functionality to npcs

Another server owner asked me how the heck you still had towny working.

War between nations (which no one ever used for some reason)
Probably because many of us are playing just to build and have absolutely no interest in seeing those creations destroyed. Nor can we be online all the time to protect them.

Residence
Might be rather confusing to judge how many blocks you need to claim but it seems to be fleshed out. My concern is trying to claim everything we've built which has definitely not been in tidy cubes or squares. And well as I question the ability of some users (especially the kids and mentally handicapped ones) to understand it.

Factions
Is a decent plug in, except that one faction can declare war without the other faction agreeing to it (and hence getting TNTed to hell when they are not online). That would have to be changed along with losing claims whenever you died of a non-war related cause. Otherwise I don't think its the right mod for this server and community since most people are just here to build. (It is however quite similar to towny).

iCoLand
Not quite clear on how the vertical distance is or what the costs of buying will be. We have a lot of land we have claimed at Port Geoff and also have houses and rooms that overlap in vertical layers so I don't see cube shapes working too well.

NPCX
Looks promising however it will mean a lot of work for you to set that up and its still heavily in beta or alpha.

EDIT: Replacing towny isn't an easy choice :/

Description of the war mechanic:
The gods of the land (admins) have the ability to start and end wartime mode. During war, most commands are frozen in order to focus on the event. Whilst at war, block permissions are ignored and any town that is in a nation is completely unprotected to the other nations residents. Also, each cell, or townblock, is given a certain amount of health. When a non-allied player enters the townblock, the townblock's health decreases. The town's residents have to force the player's out while still attacking others. When the health reaches zero, the town loses claim over that townblock. The focus is to defeat the each town's home block where the town's people spawn from.

Also, costs in many if not all of these options are set by a configuration file (me)

One of the reasons I liked towny was that those who can't or don't want to set it up can just join an existing town. They get all the protection without the work. Residence still allows for that structure.

Technically getting the civilization component in npcx working is changing civilization=false to civilization=true. Not a lot of work at all (if it was, I would not of posted it). It would take maybe 15 minutes on my home test server to go through all the commands and document them.

Also, the reason why I have towny working is because I read the plugin threads. Not just post that it doesn't work.

Hey, Skwink, the town hall right now is being built by scrape so i can have an idea of what I want it to look like, so please let others now, thank you

i cant play minecraft im stuck at my dads office doing school work :(:sad:
DrMo

i cant play minecraft im stuck at my dads office doing school work :(:sad:
DrMo

This isn't facebook. Also, get your own damn account already.

EDIT: And do your homework, seriously just do it now.

i have an idea ill just /home

EDIT: /home doesn't work in the real world i guess :(

croxis i just got home and i tried getting on but it wouldn't even log in same goes for my brother can you reboot the server again
DrMo

Top Bottom