1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unofficial 1500AD start.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by kairob, Jul 25, 2009.

1. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I like your ideas but wouldnt this require changing the calander? and thus mean doing a lot from scratch? If so wouldnt it be more like Rhyes and Fall of Colonisation than a mere late start for RFC? I don't object to this if we can get people to help work on it. (it should be easier than RFC Europe as at least we already have the map and the majority of the civs).

2. ZachScape

ZachScape Chieftain

I thought in any case we would change the calendar, but I didn't think you meant a late start, but sort of a brand new game. I figured if we added different civilizations (which would be a lot on it's own), I figured we would start from scratch... well with the same core. Then agian, if adding civilizations was easy/quick, I think Rhye/ somebody would have included Poland, Ukraine, Israel, Korea, etc already. (But I see how a late start is much more realistic).

With the RF Colonization part, I thought that would just be the first half/third, with the rest being world wars, starting similar to the Napoleonic Wars, early (If we follow history, I see 4 major WWs: 7 Years, the NWs, I & II).

With only a 500 year period apposed to 5000 or 1400, the BtS units and techs would be a little bland, right (I am honestly just guessing). I'm not proposing a RoM game, but like a WolfRev game, adding needed units (coupled with techs and buildings to make them possible), and a few new features.

-During the Renaissance/ Colonization era, we could use a few RFCE units, (I'm thinking of the Bombards, ships, and a couple of new calvary units.)
    -During the Industrial Revolution/ World Wars era, we can borrow some WolfShanze ships (like steamers), light tanks, biplanes, light carriers (I never liked how the only carriers the game had are Nimitz... can you imagine a IJN Nimitz?!??) and some WWI: Blood and Iron units (that Austrian tank is hawt!1!1!!... lol... but seriously. :groucho:)
    -Modern is pretty good.

I don't think we have to go this far with buildings, however.

Spoiler :
    EDIT: Added the emote and some parenthesis

3. kairob

kairob Biohazard

4. Sam767

Sam767 Chieftain

Remove Islamabad. It wasn't built until the 1960's (Don't know an exact date, but you get the picture). Also, and this admittedly minor, I don't think Kabul was ever "Khabul".
    Put Islam in Delhi. 1500 is the age of the Mughals remember (why not start India with Kabul and Delhi to represent them, btw? They can conquer the independents.) Regardless, Delhi was ruled by Persianized Muslim Turks since around 1200 anyways.

5. Chiyochan

Chiyochan Chieftain

Q. why do we care about numbers of civs in an unnofficial mod?

6. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Chieftain

I believe this has evolved into the semi- major mod project Rhyes of Imperialism. If you have questions they should be directed to those threads, as Kairob linked a couple of posts up. In regards to your question it would require an immense amount of work to create an extra civ slot.

7. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

erm, couldn't we just merge a 50 civ DLL in?

8. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Chieftain

I am relatively certain that it is more complicated than that. However relatively means nothing so I will wait for a modder to hopefully prove me right :).

9. Chiyochan

Chiyochan Chieftain

who will hopefully prove you right?
    Wow, sure is self centered in here, to those threads then.

10. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Chieftain

I do not believe I did anything to justify being insulted, but tis the season I suppose. I included the smiley to show I was joking, not to come across as self centered. I also even stated that my assumptions meant nothing.

On a related note why am I being quoted for saying something I never said?

11. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

Ok i got a bug with this scenario:
    -some civ begin the game without any techs!
    And some suggestions:
    -aztecs and incans empires was well advanced at this time, they should begin with at least 3 or 4 towns.
    -The chineses should be really really really less strong!
    - The independants german towns shouldd be stronger(2 or 3 troops more).

12. Chiyochan

Chiyochan Chieftain

don't want to bump the thread but I feel like I owe you an explanation at least.
    I didn't know you where being sarcastic, but you gave the impression that you put more stock in being right than people having fun, and seemed a little like the garbage episode of futurama where wormsworth says "and If MY calculations are correct we'll all die horribly!"

the quote is paraphrasing that attitude.

13. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

No. There is a problem with a 50 civ DLL. It takes a hell of a long time to process diplomacy and all the Python code - exponentially increasing with the number of civs. So you cannot simply throw in everything.

Your attitude is bad.

14. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

Will this sub-mod will finally be full compatible with the last version AND stable?

15. Chiyochan

Chiyochan Chieftain

even as poor as I am have a computer that makes that completely unnoticeable, and you certainly wouldnt need 50

16. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Will you ever read threads more closely Perceval ?