1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unused content and beta

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by chickenx4, Jun 6, 2020.

1. chickenx4

chickenx4 Prince

Long time no see,I was wondering in the game was there ever any unused content and was there ever a beta

2. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

There was a beta for Conquests at least where some of the early modders here participated. I'm not sure about the other versions. Yes to unused content as well. There is artwork for Charles V of Austria and the Hussar unique unit, which do not appear in any official scenarios. There are also "Easter egg" units for Elvis, Santa, and a zombie(?) which only appear in place of King units if you play regicide on certain days of the year. IIRC there are also a few other unused unit and building graphics from Conquests scenarios that were ultimately left out of the final release.

3. chickenx4

chickenx4 Prince

I wonder what they look like the unused buildings and units