Updates?

jjake101

Warlord
Will there be a update that will add the 26th century and 29th century eras? (i'd love to see the Enterprise J and USS relativity in the mod :) )

If only we knew enough about the intermediate eras to fill them in... I don't know how time travel would be implemented though.

Perhaps the game automatically saves at certain points? and you select a ship and click on a century and that ship gets transferred into the saved game, e.g. USS Relativity decides to travel to the 24th century and observe a war. Also the Future Ships will need some kind of ultra powerfull cloaking device (Temporal or Phase Cloak?) or you could decide to change history :O and when your game gets back to the 29th Ce you could travel back again to stop the interference (endless re-playability), sounds complicated i know :)

:) I added a suggestion for a CIV 5 ST mod, might wanna take a look
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11821502#post11821502

Unfortunately corporations cannot be implemented in Star Trek unless the mechanics are heavily changed. The code for great people creating buildings, for whatever reason, doesn't work properly in Star Trek, so wonders can be built by multiple players in multiple places by this method. This doesn't affect the shrines, since there's only one city they can possibly be created in, but it does mean that in Star Trek, any player could found an already founded corporation.

Perhaps the game automatically saves at certain points? and you select a ship and click on a century and that ship gets transferred into the saved game, e.g. USS Relativity decides to travel to the 24th century and observe a war. Also the Future Ships will need some kind of ultra powerfull cloaking device (Temporal or Phase Cloak?) or you could decide to change history :O and when your game gets back to the 29th Ce you could travel back again to stop the interference (endless re-playability), sounds complicated i know :)

I once had a related idea for how the Krenim temporal weapon ship could work.

Basically, you would fire it at a civilization's home system, and that system would be erased from history... so the game would make a backup save at that point and run AI Auto Play from (another loaded backup save from) turn 0 to whatever the current turn was, but on turn 0 the civilization you targeted would be removed from history. (As would their star system).

This could have crazy ramifications, just like in that episode. The only thing is, the AI will probably do something really stupid with the empire you've built by hand... which does sometimes happen when Annorax does the wrong incursion, but there are other times when he gets it (almost) right and the Krenim become really powerful, so it would be messy.

Destroying the weapon ship unit would revert all the timeline changes back to the turn before you finished building it, or something like that.

Never got around to trying this out though.

Top Bottom