Usability Issues

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by wioneo, Jul 11, 2013.

1. wioneo

wioneo King

Hello everyone, I had been avoiding Civ 5 (coming from 4) up until now, but I just started playing with the BNW expansion. I ran into a few usability things that I hope other people have as well in the past few years and thought of workarounds for. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me in looking up mods or other ways to get these features.

1. Is it possible to play in windowed mode with minimize/maximize buttons like with Civ 4?
    2. Is it possible to group select units on the same tile (worker + warrior etc)?
    3. Is it possible to see the path that a units is moving along in a multi-turn move after initially clicking?
    4. Is it possible to see some marker for units on the minimap? In 4, they had a single pixel of the relevant nation's color.
    5. Is it possible to auto-expand the citizen management window in cities? It resets any time you exit or reload a game.
    6. Same question for whatever you have chosen on the info panel. I like to use technology research.
    7. Is it possible to drag on the minimap to move around the view as it was in 4?
    8. Is there a way to add a notification for natural tile expansion? It seems to only work in the very early game.
    9. Is it possible to move the "resource demanded" notification so that it does not block some tiles in the citizen management window?
    10. Is it possible to add mouseover text to resources in the diplomacy overview window? I know that I will not have every resource icon memorized for months even if then.
    I'm sorry if this seems like a lot to ask, but I really want to enjoy playing this game at least half as much as I did Civ 4 from vanilla to BTS, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I also apologize if this is the wrong forum.

2. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

1. Yes
    2. Yes (you can't stack units of the same type (e.g civilian won't stack with civilian but will stack with military)
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Is this a question?
    7. No
    8. Yes
    9. No
    10. The resource's name is adjacent to its icon

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

On 2., you can't "group" units and issue a single move order that will apply to both a civilian and military unit. You have to instruct them separately.