Using EUI with just Community Patch?

agc731

Chieftain
Hey guys, Is there any way to use EUI with just the community patch? I don't want to install vox populi as I am just looking for something that will just improve the AI a bit with no gameplay changes.

Hey guys, Is there any way to use EUI with just the community patch? I don't want to install vox populi as I am just looking for something that will just improve the AI a bit with no gameplay changes.
Hello.
I "use EUI with just the community patch". You can download it from the same forum.

I’ll say right away that this is not some kind of super build of mine. To do this, I had to slightly change the EUI files and comment out (or delete) some files in the “community patch”. But it’s possible that there may be bugs, however, I’m already playing in several versions of “community patch + EUI”.

If you are interested, I can share a slightly modified EUI version and describe some of the changes in the “community patch”.

Hello.
I "use EUI with just the community patch". You can download it from the same forum.

I’ll say right away that this is not some kind of super build of mine. To do this, I had to slightly change the EUI files and comment out (or delete) some files in the “community patch”. But it’s possible that there may be bugs, however, I’m already playing in several versions of “community patch + EUI”.

If you are interested, I can share a slightly modified EUI version and describe some of the changes in the “community patch”.
Yeah would you be able to share the modified EUI version? Thanks.

There are several options with their pros and cons.
1) For a long time I used the latest version from here + some corrections:
2) Recently - from here:
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/tree/master/Vox Populi Installer Files/UI_bc1 - I will attach the archive with some edits, if something is not needed, you can roll back to the default state - let me know if anything happens.
What has changed compared to the regular version:
Compatible with CP only.
3 "CityView" files are taken from here with quick edits to *.dds icons: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/tree/master/(3a) EUI Compatibility Files/LUA - for automatic operation construction queues in cities.
"YieldIconManager" works, in my opinion, as in the original version https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ5-enhanced-user-interface.24303/history, i.e. icons of forests, oases, barbarian camps, wonders, etc. are shown.
"WorldView.lua" - scroll the map on WASD. In mods, for example in CP, the priority is higher.
"MiniMapPanel" - default selection of units, SVOverlayMode = 4
...I'm sure I forgot something else.
In the game interface settings there will be options like “txt_key_...” - it’s not very important, it’s clear from the writing what they are used for.

Attachments

• CPonly+EUI.rar
    1 MB · Views: 18
I'll focus on the second option.
a) Install, for example, https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Commu...s/download/Release-4.2.7/Vox.Populi.4.2.7.exe (select - Community Patch only).
b) Download and place the “UI_bc1” folder itself, as usual, in the directory: ...GAME_CIV5\Assets\DLC\ (when installing the Vox.Populi program, this “UI_bc1” directory is apparently deleted).
c) Further edits will be approximately here: ...\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch.

Get the texts from here:
In the root of the installed mod "...MODS\(1) Community Patch" create a folder (for example, "zOut Oth") and put the 2 downloaded xml files there.

Edit the file "(1) Community Patch (v 124).modinfo" (just in case, I will attach it and the folder with xml files):
... <Files> <File md5="29AA5DA22D8D866205635DA0067E598D" import="0">zOut Oth/NewUIText.xml</File> <File md5="5F8FA7777A5C59A1D8B6670592B98463" import="0">zOut Oth/NeededText.xml</File> ... <!-- <File md5="51BF13A2719619942142DF2A947507AA" import="1">LUA/CityBannerManager.lua</File> <File md5="3377B347687C3915177BFE3C72B72F99" import="1">LUA/CityBannerManager.xml</File> <File md5="ED8CCC7A358D1EDDCFE7444E11D45CAF" import="1">LUA/CityStateDiploPopup.lua</File> <File md5="D5C70E7F2BFF5A70C6E0311C7E3F8B54" import="1">LUA/CityStateStatusHelper.lua</File> <File md5="CADBDCD66FF2272D4B074D54BEFDD92A" import="1">LUA/CityView.lua</File> --> ... <!-- <File md5="66DBAC543FF7C7A2958AF547048D62D6" import="1">LUA/InfoTooltipInclude.lua</File> --> ... <!-- <File md5="372493C23E5E290ED50D148809915718" import="1">LUA/NotificationPanel.lua</File> <File md5="F19F8CBF1D8F8A6825ECDE6773DF63E3" import="1">LUA/NotificationPanel.xml</File> --> ... <!-- <File md5="32E0A8436F69C27FB13E8357226EE897" import="1">LUA/TopPanel.lua</File> --> ... <!-- <File md5="5A87219957975A85A1D3CEDA1D98A835" import="1">LUA/YieldIconManager.lua</File> <File md5="8FD4EF5AAB5BD6E16DB8EBE95963FC33" import="1">LUA/YieldIconManager.xml</File> --> ... <OnModActivated> <UpdateDatabase>zOut Oth/NewUIText.xml</UpdateDatabase> <UpdateDatabase>zOut Oth/NeededText.xml</UpdateDatabase> ...

We added texts and commented on something (you don’t have to leave it like I did, perhaps something will seem more convenient for you):
<!-- ... -->
That seems to be it. For future versions - reproduce the same steps.

Some interesting features disabled by default in CP only:
...MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Values\CoreDefines.sql
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'LEAGUE_PROPOSERS_PER_SESSION', 2;
...MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Changes\DiploAIOptions.sql
SELECT 'DIPLOAI_SHOW_HIDDEN_OPINION_MODIFIERS', '0';
SELECT 'DIPLOAI_SHOW_ALL_OPINION_VALUES', '0';
...MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Tables\CustomModOptions.xml
<Row Class="6" Name="GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS" Value="0" DbUpdates="0"/>
<Row Class="4" Name="SHIPS_FIRE_IN_CITIES_IMPROVEMENTS" Value="0"/>
<Row Class="6" Name="BALANCE_RETROACTIVE_PROMOS" Value="0"/>

Last edited:
Top Bottom