Using kill Diplomat Unit to Destroy Civ

Caias Jupiter

Chieftain
Is it possible to create leaders (4 of them) with diplomat abilities and use their deaths to trigger DESTROYACIVILIZATION?

I.E. In a scenario with few to no spies, can a leader with diplomat abilities bribe a barbarian city...if the death of the leader is set to trigger the killing off of his civ?

What happens if the diplomat disappears after it bribes the city and it's death is set to destroy the civ?

Who is the attacker and the defender when the diplomat is killed or is he/she really "killed" off, in the trigger sense?

If any unit with bribing abilities (but not from the spy slot) steals a tech or bribes a city does it automatically disappear?

If the disappearance of a diplomat unit after it steals a tech is not considered a death, is it possible to use its disappearance to trigger create unit (so that it reappears?)
(maybe this could be done through the receive a tech trigger...ie. recieve a tech from a specific civ and then create unit? But how for bribe city?)

And finally: if a leader is a target in a scenario..i.e. kill him/her and kill the civ, what happens if the player/AI disbands him/her?

I've read through some of these threads and I'm guessing a few you will know this off the top of your heads, lol...

Is it possible to create leaders (4 of them) with diplomat abilities and use their deaths to trigger DESTROYACIVILIZATION?

I.E. In a scenario with few to no spies, can a leader with diplomat abilities bribe a barbarian city...if the death of the leader is set to trigger the killing off of his civ?
Yes.

What happens if the diplomat disappears after it bribes the city and it's death is set to destroy the civ?
Nothing. Losing your leader in this fashion would be a great defence against losing a regicide game.

Who is the attacker and the defender when the diplomat is killed or is he/she really "killed" off, in the trigger sense?
In combat, the loser is the Defender.

If any unit with bribing abilities (but not from the spy slot) steals a tech or bribes a city does it automatically disappear?
Yes.

If the disappearance of a diplomat unit after it steals a tech is not considered a death, is it possible to use its disappearance to trigger create unit (so that it reappears?)
(maybe this could be done through the receive a tech trigger...ie. recieve a tech from a specific civ and then create unit? But how for bribe city?)
You'd need to write a ReceivedTechnology event for every tech available for stealing. It would have to be the only method for obtaining the technology, otherwise you're going to end up with multiple leaders. The CityTaken trigger could be used for incite revolt, but, of course, that's not the only way to take a city.

And finally: if a leader is a target in a scenario..i.e. kill him/her and kill the civ, what happens if the player/AI disbands him/her?
Nothing. In ToT there's a flag available that prevents the human player from disbanding specific unit types.

Even if all of this were possible, I'm not sure that such a game mechanic would be terribly successful. A human player wouldn't risk the leader, so the espionage skills would likely be wasted. An AI player wouldn't hesitate to throw its leader into the front line and risk losing all.

I see your point. My work around includes a normal play setting (events file) and a four person play
setting. Try my new scenario "Ape Island", when it shows up on the file data base, and let me know what you think.

CIV2 still a great game!

Of course there are seemingly unending corrections to be made and, of course no time to get them done..that's scenario design for you I suppose. Let me know if you try it out and you see any errors that aren't blatantly obvious (there are blatantly obvious ones, but I already know those are there :)). In terms of incentives for human players to risk "all", I think, in the four player version, the time restriction and difficulty in achieving the main objective give plenty of incentive, especially nearer to the end of the scenario.

Top Bottom