1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[v0.94 addition] Improved Inflation rate

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Total War Mod' started by jojoweb, Apr 20, 2008.

1. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

I am currently thinking about a better inflation calculation system. In Vanilla, Warlords, and BTS, the inflation rate depends only on the number of turns elapsed.

Total War must include a better system. I think that time influence must be kept but inflation must include additional factors to make it a balancing element (between players). If somebody have any suggestions about it, or any knowledge about real inflation functioning, you can post it here, it will help me to create a better system.

2. cromcrom

cromcrom Cernu

Sorry I am no economist :-(

3. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

I think that inflation is the ratio betwenn the amount of money(gold in our present exemple) and the amount of stuff to buy. (this dates back to my studies in 1 es, and is subject to caution)
    Civs treats inflation like a fix amount of gold you have to pay, which is quite far from reality : The cost of all stuff you can buy is raised to match the increase in volume of money available (as in Europa Universalis). So a 10 % inflation means all costs are raised by 10 %. Don't know how you will represent it in civ.
    Hope that helps.
    I have yet to test your mod, but I'm glad to be able to play in french ! Montjoie !

4. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Ok, the discussion is closed. The actual version of the mod includes a additional type of inftaion called "monetary inflation".