Valkyria Chronicles Europa Maps

twsworld

Chieftain
These are maps of the continent that the franchise Valkyria Chronicles (Made by Sega) takes place. The first one doesn't require any mods however the second one requires Yet (Not) Another Maps Pack by Gedemon and Larger Map Sizes by p0kiehl. I didn't know how to tell it to place resources randomly, so unless you modify that yourself in the worldbuilder the resources will be in the same place every time.

These maps are similar to Europe and have the same shape as each other, however each map is a bit different from each other because both maps were carefully constructed with not only using lore from the franchise but also using real world weather and geographic patterns as well as the lore's country borders to fill in the places where we're (so far) never told what kind of terrain is there. I wanted to make as real of a map as possible bar the places where there's a lore excuse as to why it's there (like the desert in the country Gallia that was caused by an ancient megaweapon). In the larger map I also tried placing natural wonders in their approximate real-life equivalent locations. I wasn't able to add the cliffs of Dover though. I also made the mistake of not using the GS version of the game on the smaller one, so it has less continents than the larger one

If you guy's want I can edit the smaller one to have those wonders too. I can also create similar maps using a mod that adds more natural wonders to the game if you'd like. Also, let me know if you want me to make smaller versions of these maps.

If you'd like to create some of the civs from the games I started making a mod that adds the main focus country of the franchise called Gallia, however I was unable to finish it. I made a post for it here.

I'd love to make a scenario based on the lore of the franchise, however I have no modding skills. If you're willing to listen to my ideas I'd love to help make one. It's just that I don't have the skills or the stuff to make a complex mod like what I'm imagining, so I wouldn't be able to help with the programming. If you'd like to help or want to know more so you can make an informed decision please send me a message.

Here's the jist of the story: The first 3 games take place in Gallia which is a small politically neutral country caught between two major powers that are fighting each other in a situation like WW2. The Empire invades them and the 1st and 3rd games focus on telling the story as to how that war went. The 2nd game focuses on a civil war that Gallia has after the war with the Empire. In the 4th game they show that the Federation did during their war with the Empire. Gallia is a mixture of real world Netherlands, Belgium, and Switzerland, the Empire is a mixture of Nazi Germany and both Tsarist and Communist Russia, and the Federation is a mixture of all of the allied powers.

I originally made the outline in the civ 5 worldbuilder by getting a piece of paper and tracing the outlines I could see then taping the paper to my screen so I can follow along the lines to make the map. Then I rescaled the map to dimensions that fit the civ 6 map sizes and copied the map outline I made in the civ 5 worldbuilder to the civ 6 one. Later I found a mod that had map sizes from civ 5 so then I just copied what I had from the civ 5 worldbuilder directly. Because of my method the maps I made aren't 100% accurate, but they are extremely close. Sadly the image I used didn't line up perfectly when I copied what I traced, so the maps cut off the part that connects the west part of the "Scandinavian Peninsula" to the mainland just below the coastline in the North-East part of the map. I also made pathways in the ice shelf for you to be able to sail from the islands and coast in the Crystal Sea to the Atlantic Ocean. I also put down only 3 of every luxury resource on each map. The same kind are all somewhat close to each other so that in the Monopoly gamemode you don't need to conquer someone on the other side of the map to get all of one luxury.

While testing these maps I've discovered that only one civ will spawn in "Africa" and usually no one will spawn in "Anatolia" or "Scandinavia", though the former being more likely.

I didn't put any pictures of the maps I made because I'd like for you to be surprised by it. Here's an official image of the map.

Moderator Action: Thread moved to Maps and Map Scripts forum. ~ LK

Attachments

• Europa.Civ6Map
    476 KB · Views: 56
  • Large Europa.Civ6Map
    608 KB · Views: 56
  • VC political map.png
    VC political map.png
    696.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom