Various proposals after playtesting 2.9

Regarding mountains :

1) The mountaineer promotion could grant mountain access. Native units and some special units already have mountain access ... there could also be a special mountaineer unit which would be a veteran soldier with the promotion which could be hired in Europe or granted by the king in an event. Then attacking a mountain fort without road should be doable even for AI, allthough it might be costly.

2) Besides the normal mountain peeks there should be a very high mountain type which is unaccessible for all units ... something like a combination of mountain and polar ice (glacier) which adds a real blockade on land. Otherwise players just build roads everywhere and the world becomes "flat".

Guys, there will be no Mountain Forts in WTP. :)
Please I have explained already my reasons and will not change my "Team Member Veto" on this.

Then attacking a mountain fort without road should be doable even for AI, ...
Please also do not try to tell us modders what AI can do and what we can teach it with reasonable effort or not ... :rolleyes:

Regarding mountains :
2) Besides the normal mountain peeks there should be a very high mountain type which is unaccessible for all units ... something like a combination of mountain and polar ice (glacier) which adds a real blockade on land. Otherwise players just build roads everywhere and the world becomes "flat".

2 existed as a rule without a special appearance that a mountain surrounded on all sides by mountains was inaccessible to all, trying to depict something like the major peak in a mountain range.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Top Bottom