Vassal Hegemony

Gidoza

Emperor
While I get that Vassals kinda do what you say (for some reason), what I don't get is how the Hegemony votes are straight-up automaton votes for the master. A Vassal will vote for the master *even* if the Vassal has sufficient votes by itself to win global hegemony for itself. This really doesn't make much sense to me. I'm ending up winning global hegemony games just by forcing certain individuals to capitulate and give me all their votes when I scarcely have a vote myself. It's actually really easy to do, saves time, and is kind of a back-door approach to winning if you're behind but have enough muscle to take down very specific targets.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks this is strange.

While I get that Vassals kinda do what you say (for some reason), what I don't get is how the Hegemony votes are straight-up automaton votes for the master. A Vassal will vote for the master *even* if the Vassal has sufficient votes by itself to win global hegemony for itself. This really doesn't make much sense to me. I'm ending up winning global hegemony games just by forcing certain individuals to capitulate and give me all their votes when I scarcely have a vote myself. It's actually really easy to do, saves time, and is kind of a back-door approach to winning if you're behind but have enough muscle to take down very specific targets.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks this is strange.

Vassals are already annoying enough in hating you unreasonably and never voting for you when you want to, they don't need to be made even weaker and more annoying.

It is weird, but I wouldn't know how to fix it. One thing I find about Diplo Victory is that it's a little to reliant on war and Autocracy. Obviously opponents who you've conquered have difficulty going against you in the WC, but it's also some of the policies in Autocracy. I feel like they were originally added so that Autocracy was more interesting and not just war focused. But it seems to be a little to strong.
Doing something that boosted votes for peaceful civs would be good.

Do you all agree? Or am I the only one that thinks this?

I think the strongest point of it is reducing total voting pool of your rivals, rather than increasing your own pool. Also the Hall of Honor looks a bit too strong wrt votes

I think the strongest point of it is reducing total voting pool of your rivals, rather than increasing your own pool. Also the Hall of Honor looks a bit too strong wrt votes

When it comes to Vassals, I often let their Capital survive because the Hegemony votes are just more useful in their hands than mine.

the Hall of Honor looks a bit too strong wrt votes

Well, it is stronger because there is basically no reliable way to get Declaration of Friendships or Defensive Pacts in the late game when the AI hates you for leading.

But it is still possible on 6 and lower to win diplomatic victories, without relying on vassals. But much easier with vassals.

Vassals are pretty much slave/puppet nations so it's reasonable they have no choice but to vote for you.

When it comes to Vassals, I often let their Capital survive because the Hegemony votes are just more useful in their hands than mine.

I used to trade their capital back to them before it became impossible to do so.

Top Bottom