Victories aren't competitive

I think there needs to be more conflict tied with the victory. Perhaps they could place some bonuses that one could fight over for victory. Like the contact Victory with those random progenitor ruins. I had to declare war in order to get to the ruin cause it was in another civ's terrority who refused to give open borders. The exodus gate one was pretty well made I think cause you had to have moderate amount of empty land to plop them and it wasn't that easy to defend them. Domination is obviously fine as it is.

One idea would be lets say 7 warp crystals on the map and you need 3 to build the emancipation/exodus gate. You could try trading it with the AI and if they refuse then you'd have to declare war to attain the crystal.

Or perhaps the mind flower creates "trade routes" that gives negative energy/science/food/whatever to other civilizations, which they would denounce you for. Let it make miasma across the planet, alien nests you have to defend to help the mind flower, and have the alien's become crazy and attack cities. Basically anything that interacts/antagonize with the other civ's.

Finally I think it'd be a bit cool to give you a large bonus for destroying the enemy wonder, as well as serve as an additional incentive to attack (or defend if you own it). Destroy human colonists -- get population. Destroy contact beacon -- gain thousands of energy. Kill mind flower -- get uhh xenomass?

Top Bottom