Victory Condition Speculation

Well they said that one victory was scrapped (diplomacy) and another completely new was made, and you can't tell me that reaching an artificial score first is something completely new, innovative and intriguing? That's like, the most boring victory condition I could imagine.

Well it doesn't say "victory screen" or anything like that, the screen is "World Rankings: See how well you're doing, and what you need to do to win."

I don't think anything has necessarily been confirmed here.

The "and what you need to do to win" implies that all the different forms of victory should be there (even if greyed out because you can't do anything about it yet)

It is possible that a Religious victory there, but it should be visible in that tab. (unless they specifically removed it for this release..ie the UI is incomplete on purpose)

That is a possibility (and I hope so) but an overall Victory is an interesting idea.

I am sure nothing was hidden. Now you can only guess what this "overall" victory is all about? I think it will be about meeting certain criteria - like achieve multiple factors at the same time. It's pretty self-explanatory.

And that, in fact, may also entail some diplomatic conditions and more....

The "and what you need to do to win" implies that all the different forms of victory should be there (even if greyed out because you can't do anything about it yet)

It is possible that a Religious victory there, but it should be visible in that tab. (unless they specifically removed it for this release..ie the UI is incomplete on purpose)

That is a possibility (and I hope so) but an overall Victory is an interesting idea.

I don't think that is at all a stretch. It was a carefully crafted video. As they have been extremely tight-lipped about the last victory condition, it only makes sense they will reveal it when and how they want (for instance, I would reveal it with a new civ that is particularly set up for it).

Lack of 5th victory condition here confirms nothing.

So the speculation is gone. Religious victory is the new victory in Civ VI.

And diplomatic is out for the time being.

So the speculation is gone. Religious victory is the new victory in Civ VI.

And diplomatic is out for the time being.

Well now we can just shift the speculation.

How does the Religious victory work? What is Theological combat? What do Great Prophet points do after all religions have been founded (or at least when you have no more Great Prophet to get since you've founded one)? Where do Apostles come from?

I have a feeling that domination victory is how much land you have like in civ 4. because in a video you could see a progress screen and saying one unknow person was leading for this victory and didnt was the same victory screen as in civ5 where you see only 5 capitals remaining for example...

I have a feeling that domination victory is how much land you have like in civ 4. because in a video you could see a progress screen and saying one unknow person was leading for this victory and didnt was the same victory screen as in civ5 where you see only 5 capitals remaining for example...

In one of the BAStartGaming gameplay videos, domination victory is shown to be the same as in Civ V. You win if you capture all capitals. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls26x2bt9mI
[at 11:52]

This is probably the first gameplay decision i'm dissapointed in, domination would be so much more interesting if the goal was for example owning half of the worlds land mass or population..

In one of the BAStartGaming gameplay videos, domination victory is shown to be the same as in Civ V. You win if you capture all capitals. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls26x2bt9mI
[at 11:52]

This is probably the first gameplay decision i'm dissapointed in, domination would be so much more interesting if the goal was for example owning half of the worlds land mass or population..

It's quite good approach. The main problem with it in Civ5 was undestructable capitals.

Is score gone from the game? I have seen no indication of score, and nothing about score victory on the victory condition tab. Won't the game still end at year 2050?

Domination by taking all capitals : I think it's good, because one "flaw" I see with domination is finishing the job lol there are so many towns to take and at some point you may know that the war is won but it takes 2 more hours to finish it. With this you can win a domination even possibly by some commando type tactics. I like it, and also it means if penalties are significant for trying to take over many enemy towns, it can balance against war being the best way to win (or dominate in score). Maybe it's nearly impossible to just conquer the whole world. I wouldn't mind that.

Is score gone from the game? I have seen no indication of score, and nothing about score victory on the victory condition tab. Won't the game still end at year 2050?

I believe it's just not in the UI yet by the time of the build.

I hope it is not because as it stands so far, it looks like if you :
• defend your capital
• have enough intern tourism
• sabotage/pillage scientific leader spaceport (maybe hard but easier than taking town where its being built and I guess you get warned for seeing spaceport and for each completed projects;; maybe nuke it^^)
• ??? religion

you could also go for score victory :]

I hope it is not because as it stands so far, it looks like if you :
• defend your capital
• have enough intern tourism
• sabotage/pillage scientific leader spaceport (maybe hard but easier than taking town where its being built and I guess you get warned for seeing spaceport and for each completed projects;; maybe nuke it^^)
• ??? religion

you could also go for score victory :]

Yes, you need to counter all other leaders attempt to reach all victories and on top of this, just have more score than everyone else. Oh yes, so easy.

haha yes maybe its impossible but not on prince king or something
I like if it's hard or if it remains a possibility, so that you can start your game that way or something, play it in a way that is not a race to any specialization lead or allow yourself to drop out of a specialization lead and win differently
if it's not too bad the game still looks solid ofc

I find it interesting that they changed the science victory. I like the change because assembling all the spaceship modules was a pain. Also, it was never realistic that you could send a spaceship to Alpha Centauri right off the bat. The progression now where you have to go the moon and then Mars is much more realistic.

I find it interesting that they changed the science victory. I like the change because assembling all the spaceship modules was a pain. Also, it was never realistic that you could send a spaceship to Alpha Centauri right off the bat. The progression now where you have to go the moon and then Mars is much more realistic.

Additional positive aspect of the new Science victory is that each of the steps is highly visible event. Every Civ is going to know that a Civ has succeeded to launch a satellite or send a man to the moon, allowing them to react accordingly.

No, it is not gone.

In the image below, posted by Arioch at his site, buttons along the top include 'Score' but there is no Score Victory shown. Is that because VC is still a work in progress, or am I missing something?

In the image below, posted by Arioch at his site, buttons along the top include 'Score' but there is no Score Victory shown. Is that because VC is still a work in progress, or am I missing something?

The score victory is in the next tab. It is seperated because the score victory happens when none of the civs achieve these victories.

Top Bottom