Visualy Distinctive Terrains - Fungal Biome

Awesome glad you released a fungal one, this is the one I use the most out of the three sets :D

Since i started modding it's been more fun to do that then play :p Plus you know, real life. I really have to try and play more with my mods, but i want to get the achievements.... If anyone can help me turn this into a fake dlc or "reloaded assets" mod that can be played in MP and NSP , i'd be really grateful!

I find that the desert mod you made earlier must conflict with others because whenever I load a save that originally incorporated that mod, I cannot see the unit window in the lower left screen - or it is corrupted. If I go back to the mod list, remove the mod and then reload the save, the unit window looks and acts normal and I can play the save.

I find that the desert mod you made earlier must conflict with others because whenever I load a save that originally incorporated that mod, I cannot see the unit window in the lower left screen - or it is corrupted. If I go back to the mod list, remove the mod and then reload the save, the unit window looks and acts normal and I can play the save.

Wow dude way to copy the same message across 3 forums. You were replied by teinedraig 10 hours ago on Steam
@gunnergoz that is actually a known Civ bug at this time and if you actually untick and retick the mod it will also fix the unit issue and leave the mod in :)

As my mods only edit textures, no XML or LUA files, i would have to agree with teinedraig that it might be a bug with Civ itself.

Wow dude way to copy the same message across 3 forums. You were replied by teinedraig 10 hours ago on Steam

As my mods only edit textures, no XML or LUA files, i would have to agree with teinedraig that it might be a bug with Civ itself.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I was sort of upset about potentially losing 140+ turn saved game, originally posted query on Steam forum and forgot, then later wondered why I got no responses here so posted again.

They say your memory is the second thing to go with old age and I already forgot what the first thing is... :D

It turned out to be a civ BE bug according to what I was told in one post so you are probably right. The cure is supposed to be to select the mod in the BE Mods list, unselect it, then re-select it again. In any event, I salvaged the game and am almost finished with it.

I'm not really sure what the point of that would be. The game is only available from Steam and it's really easy to get the mod from the workshop there.

The only reason people would need a separate download, would be to use it on pirated copies, i guess. I'm not totally against piracy even as a full time game developer, but in the case where a person has played so much of the game they are installing mods, i think they should buy it. In the case that it's not possible (lack of funds, internet, distributor), just get the mod off a friend who has bought the game...

But yeah, are there any other reasons for posting download links which i have missed?.

But yeah, are there any other reasons for posting download links which i have missed?.

Many. Mac-OS players for one. The game mod code is unstable over a slow connection and has a habit of corrupting large mods for another. And Steam itself has in the past appeared to have removed huge swathes of mods (due to server load/crash) that the game mod code then mistakes as deleted from Steam and then deletes them from your machine being one of the most annoying/worst. And many, many others, check the CivV Support and C&C forums.

There is a download database here on CFC, so it will cost you nothing but time to upload them here :)

Top Bottom