1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Vokarya's Workshop: Wonders

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Vokarya, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Well, I always felt that Bazaar should upgrade to Market...

2. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Chieftain

Me too...

3. nionios

nionios Chieftain

I notice that Radio Telescope (national wonder) becomes available with Radar tech and gives bonus production for Observatory which requires Astronomy.
    My personal opinion is that RT gives bonus for a building that is already aged because there's a big gap between Radar and Astronomy.

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

It's meant as a minor bonus to help you set up additional cities in the late game. The primary benefits are the +30% science and +20% spaceship production.

5. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Here's something I want to throw out. Is the National Redoubt still valuable? I created it to fill out the Guerrilla Warfare tech, which was folded into Combined Arms in v1015. It came to my attention when I was looking at free promotions.

There's nothing fatal about it, but there are a few different problems with it.
    • The Stealth I promotion contributes to the proliferation of free promotions on units. I counted 19 different possible sources of free promotions from buildings. Many of these sources have difficult requirements (UB, civic building, World Wonder) to fulfill, but National Redoubt is relatively easy to build, with only requiring a few Bunkers and a Peak.
    • The Industrial Era has a lot of National Wonders already. On a weighted average by number of techs, the Industrial Era should only have 11 National Wonders, not counting the resource-producers; it has 13.
    • The Redoubt was moved to Fascism tech when Guerrilla Warfare was removed, but that puts Fascism into the "greedy zone" with a trick count of over 6. It has the Single Party civic; the Interrogation Building and Revivalist Church; Permanent Alliances; the free Great General; and the Patrol I promotion. That is a trick count of 5.5 without the Redoubt.
    So I'm wondering what it would hurt if the Redoubt was removed, or if the promotion was removed. Is there something else we could do with it? Possibly merging it with Flak Tower?