Vote for CivRev on The Age!

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Online newspaper The Age is conducting a poll for Best Strategy Game of 2008, and Civilization Revolution is one of the nominations. CivRev, released this summer, brought the Civilization series to consoles and introduced many individuals to turn-based strategy games. Other games in the running are Spore, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Tom Clancy's EndWar.

You can vote by going to The Age's nomination page and selecting Civilization Revolution. As of this post, CivRev was just 1% behind the leader.

UPDATE (2PM EST): CivRev now leads by over 20%!

Civ Rev is wining by a good amount. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!

civrev has 38% of the votes, that's 17% more than the second best game on that list :)

I think we got this one in the bag

Civ Rev is leading by 28% :dance:

OMG Spore, what a pile of poo.

I voted for Sins of a Solar Empire. I know Revolutions had it's reasons for its differences from Civ4, but it just wasn't a fun game and I traded it in after about a month. I'm playing Civ4 again.

Civ Rev has 50% of the votes.

Games produced and/or inspired by Sid Meier have given me untold hours of enjoyment over the years.

But Firaxis is becoming sloppy, and has even started down the slope of ruining the Civ brand with make-a-quick-buck shovelware. Civilization Revolution, while far from shovelware itself, was nonetheless a harbinger of that trend...and also of the dumbing-down of titles, apparently to woo the console crowd. (How often have we heard Firaxians pining for their liberation from the hated PC!)

And that's not all. I was disappointed to see Colonization show one of the hallmarks of EA/Maxis asshattery--i.e., relying on user-created patches to render the released game playable--and I'm still bitter over the disappointment that was Sid Meier's Railroads!

We do not need to be encouraging them right now. So I voted for Sins of a Solar Empire. A solid product, whose developers are showing more commitment to continual improvement, and more loving attention to fit and finish, than anyone associated with Sid Meier has shown for years.

(What happened to your pride, Sid? It's time to either step up your game, or--if you just don't have it in you anymore, either the talent or the give-a-damn--retire gracefully before you do any more damage to your once-Olympian reputation.)

In the interests of accuracy, The Age is an Australian newspaper, rather than a gaming site.

Thanks, I've fixed that. At least, they have a gaming section...

OMG Spore, what a pile of poo.

I voted for Sins of a Solar Empire. I know Revolutions had it's reasons for its differences from Civ4, but it just wasn't a fun game and I traded it in after about a month. I'm playing Civ4 again.

I voted for Sins of a Solar Empire too. I guess I just like PC games better.

lol, With the DRM on spore I never will buy it.

Now on this day civilization has 56% of the votes, almost 40% higher than sins of a solar empire. :)

voted for endwar

57% now!

its probaly because that everyone on this site will automatically vote for Civ Rev...

(except for "matthewthegreat") :rolleyes:

1st place civ rev with 57%
2nd place sins of a solar empire with 17%
I don't know why but I have this feeling that civ rev will be elected as the best strategy game of 2008 :p

Top Bottom