VP Twitch Channel!

Would You like to be involved in a VP Twitch Channel?

• Yes, I would like try streaming on it.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Yes, I would like to be involved in group streams.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Yes, I would Watch.

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Milae

Prince
Maybe I'm crazy but I think this is a pretty good idea:

We make a Vox Populi Twitch channel!

People that are known in the community (Here, Discord or Github) would be able to access the account and do streams from it.

If a few people are up for doing this it would mean we could have a place with somewhat consistent streams going on that people could come and chill/chat about civ. It would also be a great place to advertise VP to Civ 5 players who may not have tried it.

Some ideas for streams: Normal Gameplay, Showing off new Mods/Updates, gameplay with commentary from others or group discussions.

Anyone who has a computer which can handle civ without problems should be able to stream if they are up for it, I can help people get set up. Anyone with a mic would be able to participate in discussions or commentary also.

Since I've been doing Youtube/Twitch for a while I can bring my viewers over so we should be able to get at least like 10 live viewers straight away so that makes getting the channel started much easier.

Please let me know how many of you would be interested in watching or being involved in this and I can get it all set up if people are. Personally I can do probably 2 streams a week atm so would need a few people to make it consistent. Also I would definitely be interested in commentating or giving advice to someone else playing and just watching as a viewer as well.:)

Btw if anyone is wondering what would happen to any money generated, I really don't mind if people wanna give it to charity, some VP related thing or try to split it we can sort that, but from experience it won't be much unless someone randomly donates a lot.

Here is the channel: https://www.twitch.tv/voxpopuliofficial go follow so you get notified when it goes live. Should be next weekend.

Last edited:
Id probably watch to some extent.
I watch a lot of stuff on youtube and twitch, most important for me is that the streamer talks enough while playing.

I'm open to try streaming once in a while, but currently I have internet as well as time issues. Once those have been resolved, I can try.

I would be interested in streaming some time. sounds fun!

Re: where to send the money, we could send it to something like Child's Play

I'm interested but I usually need a more fluid schedule when it comes to streaming. Are we going to have a schedule or how do we determine when and who gets to stream?

Okay cool, I was thinking we would use like an open google doc or something where people could book a slot so we wouldn't clash. I know how hard sticking to a schedule is though so won't bother trying to be rigid about it.

FYI I'm thinking to try to start this around when next patch is released, need to do a bit of testing first though.

Okay I made the channel: https://www.twitch.tv/voxpopuliofficial we can change the name later but quite a few were taken.

I think the best way to allow people to stream on it will be to create your own twitch channel, then I can give you the stream key that you need to stream on the account and the editor role on the channel so you can edit stream info and access the channel creator dashboard. That way I don't need to give everyone the account password and I won't have to manually authorize each access.

Those who are interested in streaming on it please dm me on here or discord so we can get set up and potentially do some practise.

A few things that we also need:
Channel Banner - 1200x480 pixel background which goes at the top of the channel homepage

Profile Pic - <10mb pic which goes in a circle
So anyone with art skills let me know if you can contribute anything:)

Go follow the channel so you get a notification when it goes live. I'd like to get it started next weekend or earlier with a group stream where we can play and chat.

Top Bottom