Wanted: Interface Mods

But why have a 'Civ-Specific' XML editor when the one provided by Altova (and used by Firaxis) is already close to perfect?
Oh and, though it isn't done yet, I would like to nominate my 'Ideology Interface' for inclusion in the game :p. Of course if it now doesn't work I am gonna look like such and idiot :mischief:.

Aussie_Lurker.

There was that Great General Interface, rather than keeping it in the advisor page, it put the fraction on the main view.

I don't know if it has been done in any mod, but it would be really nice if when looking at advisors, we could change the sliders and see the immediate effect:

exemples of use:
I'm at war, and i want to manage unhappy face with culture sliders: i go on the general advisor page and play with the culture sliders to get the minimum rioters...
I'm aiming at a cultural victory and i can play with the sliders to have the "Micromanage" the culture output in my three (future) legendary cities.
I'm looking at the scince advisor, clic on a tech in the tech tree (not an immediate one) and with playing with the science slider, i fix the number of turn before some tech can come...

I have always been frustrated to not be able to change the sliders while on any advisors.

Another thing that would be good, is if i clic in the tech tree on a particular tech that i can't reserch right away (beelining to a tech), there are two number of turns showed: the number of turns that the tech will take to research, and the number of turns the tech and all the prerequisites will take. (IE. i'm beelining liberalism and i have to research education: it will show education (5) and liberalism (9 - 14). Is it clear?)

just my two cents

I don't know if it has been done in any mod, but it would be really nice if when looking at advisors, we could change the sliders and see the immediate effect

Great idea! In general, I would love to see many of the "modal" windows (ones that steal the focus away from everything else) converted to non-modal ones. Another thing I hate is that once the "what would you like to build next?" windows start popping up, I am forced to go through all of them before I can do anything else. Usually I was just about to change a worker's order, and now I need to remember it after going through 5 city screens. Or if I rush through those to get to the worker, then I forget which city screens I just rushed through. :crazyeye:

Great idea! In general, I would love to see many of the "modal" windows (ones that steal the focus away from everything else) converted to non-modal ones. Another thing I hate is that once the "what would you like to build next?" windows start popping up, I am forced to go through all of them before I can do anything else. Usually I was just about to change a worker's order, and now I need to remember it after going through 5 city screens. Or if I rush through those to get to the worker, then I forget which city screens I just rushed through. :crazyeye:

check minimize pop ups in options, then you can first give orders to units and then access cities

check minimize pop ups in options, then you can first give orders to units and then access cities

Yeah, I already do that. But I still come up on situations like this:

1. I accidentally give the wrong order to the last active unit. The popups are triggered, and I have to go through all of them before finally getting back to change the order.

2. While looking at a city screen during "popup mania", I see a tile I want to improve ASAP, but I can't exit out to find a worker to divert. I need to finish all the dang popups first, and by then I'll probably forget about it. And if I don't remember to switch the orders BEFORE the turn ends, I might miss my chance on the next turn. (If all units have pending orders, then it's impossible to interrupt any of them before they exhaust their movement points).

3. I want to give a chain of orders to the last worker, but I can't, because as soon as I shift-click the first task, the popups interrupt.

Top Bottom