War first

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
If Civ7 do not experiment my ideas, which I would desire above all as long it comes to a new Civ, it is to say the ones which are in my signature, let's say we have a "traditional" Civ.

What could be interesting is, at least in a game mode, instead of various "first relations" that you could see in my ideas, that everyone would start off as being at war with each others. That way, peace would be a kind of a reward and the game would put the players directly into the action. Some players don't like wars, and it's a good reason to give them a new challenge : peace !

Even with isolated civs on the other side of a pangaea, there would be barbarians of course, tribesmen uprisings and ambushes when picking up a goody hut, and City-States. As much isolated a civ be, it would need a military in order to power up its start or simply explore.

Declaring peace should be a warning for all other civs around. No more secret alliances in multiplayer. Declaring peace should enjoin other civs to do so as well.

The fastest way to declare peace would be to vassalize and be vassalized. The advantages of the vassalizer seem obvious : visibility and open borders, plus say 10% of the vassal income ??? Not to mention open trade, that should be emphasised, definitely. Fun thing is that the advantages of the vassalized would exactly be the same, minus the income, plus shared victory definitely.

I imagine a game where several blocks form and fight, in a cooperative multiplayer huge FFA. It might not be possible to unvassalize ?

Maybe peace and war would have some degree of porosity, it is to say peace might be acquired step by step, like :

- Truces (with any kind of faction ?)
- 1 immune trade route
- 1 diplo-screen trade allowed
- Diplomacy
- ? (maybe see what Humankind proposes in term of war/peace porosity ?)

This "reverse peace" would have features the normal game doesn't have as you see. Ideas ?

Top Bottom