War-Score/AI surrender

Jewser

Chieftain
Even with the City-state free walls, the city-states get conquered occasionally. As happy as I am to liberate a conquered city-state, it can be a pain in the heinie. The AI is already willing to give me all it can in gold per turn, cede the conquered cities, and give me some great works of art (iirc). The one thing it won't give me is... the city-state I want (well, for over 9k gold + over 350 gold per turn? forget it). I could go and get it by force, but there's more way to go + conquering it by force means damaging it and reducing the population...

Funny thing is when you refuse a trade he says "one way or another I'll get what I want", yet the AI is clearly not able to "realize" that I CAN get what I want by force.

I'll take any kind of quick fix, though I can't help but think about how I'd do it - if I knew any LUA/anything about modding Civ. So I'll spout out some ideas - Military units can exert some kind of pressure (like loyalty pressure). It doesn't have to be perfectly tuned - considering the situation now, anything that tips the scale slightly more towards surrender when appropriate would do.

Or score - how many units died/cities conquered by each others' hand.

anything to make the AI more reasonable

Or maybe I've made too many changes and things are actually balanced the way they are. I have about 6 mods to which I've made some changes myself...

Top Bottom