1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Was something changed in how city defense score is calculated in GS?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by player1 fanatic, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Flaxton

Flaxton Chieftain

Has anybody noticed a bug where your city attacks are only strength 3 or so? If you slot that military card that increases wall attacks it goes fully back up to strength. I must get a save game next time I see it. Embarrassing hitting barb scouts with 10 damage.

2. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

I have noticed a bug with both city ranged attack strength and city defense strength. I see the AI with walled cities with 19 strength in the industrial era, firing off 3 damage volleys. Something is broken.

3. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I've seen a Zulu city with < 30 strength next to a Zulu city with 62 strength. Either the rules changed or something is wrong with that.

4. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

There was a walled, medieval-era Japanese city in my recent game with a Samurai in it, and it had 62 strength, which seemed way too high for the period (the best unit the Japanese made at the time was a Knight). Also, I have noticed the same strength nowadays does not always translate into the same damage done by the city on its attack. Some 40-ish strength cities barely harmed my archers in the classical era (they did ca. 20 damage per shot), while cities with roughly the same strength did over 30 damage to my Crossbowmen in a later era.

Something seems buggy indeed.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

@Chefofrats
    City strength gets bonuses for each district so 62 is no surprise at all
    The city defence strength on the shield is nothing to do with the walls attack strength, that is the strength of you best ranged unit.
    There are some bugs out there by the looks of it but your comments seem answerable.

6. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

Right, apparently the reality behind the visible numbers is much more complicated than I assumed. Thanks for the comment :)