[GS] Was something changed in how city defense score is calculated in GS?

Has anybody noticed a bug where your city attacks are only strength 3 or so? If you slot that military card that increases wall attacks it goes fully back up to strength. I must get a save game next time I see it. Embarrassing hitting barb scouts with 10 damage.

Has anybody noticed a bug where your city attacks are only strength 3 or so? If you slot that military card that increases wall attacks it goes fully back up to strength. I must get a save game next time I see it. Embarrassing hitting barb scouts with 10 damage.

I have noticed a bug with both city ranged attack strength and city defense strength. I see the AI with walled cities with 19 strength in the industrial era, firing off 3 damage volleys. Something is broken.

There was a walled, medieval-era Japanese city in my recent game with a Samurai in it, and it had 62 strength, which seemed way too high for the period (the best unit the Japanese made at the time was a Knight). Also, I have noticed the same strength nowadays does not always translate into the same damage done by the city on its attack. Some 40-ish strength cities barely harmed my archers in the classical era (they did ca. 20 damage per shot), while cities with roughly the same strength did over 30 damage to my Crossbowmen in a later era.

Something seems buggy indeed.

@Chefofrats
City strength gets bonuses for each district so 62 is no surprise at all
The city defence strength on the shield is nothing to do with the walls attack strength, that is the strength of you best ranged unit.
There are some bugs out there by the looks of it but your comments seem answerable.

Top Bottom