We Built This City - Dotmapping and Cityplanning

I don't have a strong opinion on 5. Firts cities are so much about doing the math and that's not my fav area of interest. Count the beans and pop where best suited. I do like the opportunity to (by the looks) build offensivly rather than behind our back.
I second that thought! Getting the lux online soon will be nice but not necessary if we have some MPs (we are going to monarchy). RF almost has me sold on the city 3 NE. We probably could use a poll for the matter.

I second that thought! Getting the lux online soon will be nice but not necessary if we have some MPs (we are going to monarchy). RF almost has me sold on the city 3 NE. We probably could use a poll for the matter.

Thats funny - you almost have me convinced on 1 as it works better where the road is now. I'm thinking 1,3,5 or 1 5 6. But I think you're right, sombody organised better set up a pole (hadn't they Daghie;) ?)

I voted 1 in the poll after considering the SoZ, which we want. This city can build it fairly easily after a warrior, worker, granary and some workers and 2-3 settlers. This is at the cost of some expansion, but our aims are expansion by the sword it seems. Maybe even cut the granary out of that equation to get it built more quickly (if we want the Pyramids this wont hurt much) and hurry our science toward monarchy/get a curragh out a bit quicker.

Boy I am wonder crazy. SoZ however is not a wonder, it is 640 shields worth of units (if we use it for 80 turns) at less than half the cost. Pyramids can be built in our GA or if we are remote then to start our GA. Hopefully we will have republic by then.

If we get the Pyramids we are in a hugely strong position - I'm not sure the SoZ has quite that impact good though it is. The question is if we do a prebuild and are beaten to both (and both will be targeted by many) what is our concelation prize and is it worth a prebuild of 200 shields or so. Also when do we squeeze Masonary in to the tech plan.

We need a major dotplan for what seems to be our starting island. I tried taking a screenshot, but lost it. This is the area where I am probably weakest, so we need some discussion from the team here.

Questions are

1 Where do we put the next 10 or so cities (or where do we want cities on the island)

2 Which are the highest priority.

If the concensus is to opt for a 100k attempt then you'll want to pack 'em in for the additional culture and to prevent the settler in a landing party from being able to make a beachhead city.

Gotta pack 'em in tight, but we also have to defend every city.

I dont know if these will be readable or not. They will require some revision by someone. Edit/move the spots around but what settling order do we want? As far as worker moves, where should we road to to get the most settlers down quick enough?

I had thought to send one up to 16 by the wheat in the NW, but a city there wont have a worker for some time. There is an additional city site on a 1 tile island to the west that I missed earlier.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 223
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 175
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 182
Is it possible to open saves from turns already played to produce a new dotmap?

I've tried repeatedly to rearrange the city sites from your dotmaps, but have been unable to see where any improvement can come from. City 37 looks like it can move one SE to get a freshwater bonus from the lake in the south and I don't see a city site by the wheat in the south on your dotmap, but everything looks generally good.

I suppose most of our new cities will be science cities with productive cities already in place once improved. I suggest roading north next since the grassland/freshwater sites can be improved quickly. When more workers are available the grassland to the northwest can also be roaded/settled quickly and another road crew can be sent east for their freshwater sites. A couple of fogbusters on the mountains south could prevent barb harrassment from the south if we can disband their camps. I'll keep looking for more suggestions, but others may have better ideas.:)

@ Killer - I would continue settling with city #2. I think the numbered "dot map" is a good plan.

Top Bottom