We Slip Further Behind

Three patchs behind ! Very very frustrating...

Darn we are getting further behind. Are we even getting the DLC today or do we have to wait?

The patch enables the DLC.

Also, Seoul is a CS for us, but is actually a city in the Korean DLC. The CS gets a rename in the patch.

This patch has some critical improves to multiplayer (like, being able to manually save games.. with different names!). It's also fairly small overall. I'm fine to wait for it to be integrated in to a big Aspyr patch covering the last 3 PC patches.

But we won't get an Aspyr patch covering the last 3. Just as it's about to be released, there'll be another PC patch, and it will be back to square 1.

Prove to us this is incorrect, Ryan.

Cheers.

So we're not getting the DLC today. Damn it, was really looking forward to it! Do they even have an estimated time for it to be released?

EDIT: On steam site I see the Combo Pack of Korea and WoTAW. Would it make sense to buy it now? Will it run?

So we're not getting the DLC today. Damn it, was really looking forward to it! Do they even have an estimated time for it to be released?

DLC will be after the patch. Patch will be when it's ready. I'd say MINIMUM 2 weeks from today, and that's assuming the last 2 patches were tested and ready to go but they knew this one was about to pop.

EDIT: On steam site I see the Combo Pack of Korea and WoTAW. Would it make sense to buy it now? Will it run?

It will run.. in bootcamp. And you'll get it on the Mac side automatically when it works there, assuming they've permanently worked out whatever fubar'd the explorer's map pack & denmark DLCs for a week or two.

It's not that big a deal now that the game is tweaked. It'll arrive, until then, play on.

Actually it kinda is a big deal. We don't have the HUGE July patch that made major changes to the social policy tree and RAs.

I have been playing on my (Windows) HTPC and my Mac and it's really hard to go back to the Mac games with pre-patch social policies, etc. Strategy is completely different.

Actually it kinda is a big deal. We don't have the HUGE July patch that made major changes to the social policy tree and RAs.

I have been playing on my (Windows) HTPC and my Mac and it's really hard to go back to the Mac games with pre-patch social policies, etc. Strategy is completely different.

That's only because you've tasted the forbidden fruit. :)

AND we can't benefit from any strategy posts or comments now, because everyone is talking about the PC patch level. Happiness from each Culture building? Free culture building in first 4 cities? What the heck are they talking about?

Cheers.

Wait a minute, you've got the patch with free culture buildings in your first four cities!

As soon as I've got something solid to share, I'll do so.

Also, about this latest patching being a "minor patch," keep in mind that things like "Multiple out of sync causes found and fixed." and "Multiple minor bug fixes." can be deceptive.

No. That's what they're talking about in the Strategy forums, and we can't participate.

Cheers.

We're missing Big July, Little July, and Medium August. The free culture buildings patch was before then.

The Big July patch was.. big.. though, and had a serious effect on strategy.

We've got the free cultural building in the first four cities. We don't have the other one or the finishers or anything. But Legalism has been that since our last patch, which was four(?) months ago.

If was a Mac Civ V customer I wouldn't find the current Mac patching situation acceptable. Luckily I'm on Windows and get regular updates.

Why don't they update the Mac edition?

If was a Mac Civ V customer I wouldn't find the current Mac patching situation acceptable. Luckily I'm on Windows and get regular updates.

Why don't they update the Mac edition?

Simply because Firaxis don't do the mac version and pass the buck to Aspyr but Aspyr don't get the patch info until its released on the PC so even if Aspyr could snap their fingers it would still be after the PC patch. But of course there is a code translation period.

so the answer to you question is... They do its just shifted by a month or 2 (or 8) from the PC

Top Bottom