Weird and probably known bug about the Earth map

HayRoss

Chieftain
I play almost exclusively on the real Earth map and I keep having this bug where the Netherlands start on a water tile in the Hebrides rather than their actual starting location. I went into the Earth_StartingPoints.xml file to see if I could edit the number manually because I assumed it was entered incorrectly but the number seems to be fine. I tried adjusting it to the tile south of where it should have started but the Dutch still spawn in the Hebrides. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Also can I add in spawn data for the Scythians and Armenians in this manner or do I need to edit some other files as well?

Upon closer inspection, editing the Earth_StartingPoints.xml file doesn't seem to actually change any of the starts at all for any of the countries. Am I doing something wrong here?

After a bit on configuring I redownloaded the mod and it seems in whatever new patch was added all the problems I had before were fixed. Sorry to make a whole thread over this

In case the maintenance of the mod resumes (I hope it does, it's great) - is there a general bug tracking thread? I notice that the 'route to' logic behaves like wetlands are roadable but then doesn't want to move into them due to them costing 3 presumably.

Last edited:
Top Bottom