Weird question

Imuratep

Cultist of the Old Ones
Hello Imuratap.
I'm at work at the moment, so dont have access to the .XML, though IIRC you can edit the promotions units get in a file called something like unitinfo.XML, in the ....assets/XML/units/ directory.

you then go to the unit, and add hero to it's promotions. i find it's normally easiest to copy the XML code directly from another unit with the promotion so that the XML wording is exactly correct.

I'm sure someone with access to the game will give the appropriate file name if you cant find it, otherwise i'll be home in 5h and update this thread when i have access to my Civ computer.

No I wanted to know if there are any events etc. in game that grant the hero promotion. How I can cheat/ change the XML to get the promotion is clear. Unfortuately Succubi can't be upgraded into anything (not even Eidola) so the second part the Succubus Paladin can't be acchieved.

I've sometime gained the promotion through events or dungeons but first one can't be directed to a special unit and second one can't be counted on as you may open every dungeon and not get the promotion...

No I wanted to know if there are any events etc. in game that grant the hero promotion. How I can cheat/ change the XML to get the promotion is clear. Unfortuately Succubi can't be upgraded into anything (not even Eidola) so the second part the Succubus Paladin can't be acchieved.

I dont know enough of the python files to tell you how to get the hero through an event, but you could probably create a Succubus unit with the hero promotion yourself in xml, then upgrade one of your succubi in game.

Hmmm... I don't think there are any ways to gain Hero from an event. I think the closest is gaining an Adventurer, but that couldn't become a succubus. I think your best bet is simply to open World Builder and add it in.

Have Succubi been updated to actually have the Charm spell? or are they still inspiration(al) champions xD

I do believe that there is a random event that gives one unit the hero promotion. Hero of the sword or something. Might be exclusive to melee, and certainly rare.

Doesn't give Hero promotion. Renames the unit and gives a fair whack of XP (10 or 15 iirc).

There is however another event that gives hero. The Champion event was a normal BtS event that used to give the Leadership promotion, but which Kael changed to grant Hero as the Leadership promotion does not exist in this mod.

Code:
######## CHAMPION ###########

def canTriggerChampion(argsList):	
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]

player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)
	team = gc.getTeam(player.getTeam())

if team.getAtWarCount(true) > 0:
		return false

return true

def canTriggerChampionUnit(argsList):
	eTrigger = argsList[0]
	ePlayer = argsList[1]
	iUnit = argsList[2]

player = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer)
	unit = player.getUnit(iUnit)

if unit.isNone():
		return false

if unit.getDamage() > 0:
		return false

if unit.getExperience() < 3:
		return false

#FfH: Modified by Kael 09/26/2007
#	iLeadership = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getPromotionInfo,gc.getNumPromotionInfos(),'PROMOTION_LEADERSHIP')
	iLeadership = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_HERO')
#FfH: End Modify

if unit.isHasPromotion(iLeadership):
		return false

return true

def applyChampion(argsList):
	iEvent = argsList[0]
	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]

unit = player.getUnit(kTriggeredData.iUnitId)

#FfH: Modified by Kael 10/01/2007
#	iLeadership = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getPromotionInfo,gc.getNumPromotionInfos(),'PROMOTION_LEADERSHIP')

unit.setHasPromotion(iLeadership, true)

def getHelpChampion(argsList):
	iEvent = argsList[0]
	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]

unit = player.getUnit(kTriggeredData.iUnitId)

#FfH: Modified by Kael 09/26/2007

szHelp = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_EVENT_CHAMPION_HELP", (unit.getNameKey(), gc.getPromotionInfo(iLeadership).getTextKey()))	

return szHelp

I've gotten an event that granted Hero, said something about the unit winning some arena championship or somesuch. It happened to one of my workers, so it wouldn't surprise me if it could happen to any unit type. But it's a very rare event, I think it's only happened to me once.

Also, I'm playing Fall Further, so I don't know if the event is in vanilla FfH.

EDIT: MC beat me to it. That's the event I was talking about.

Yeah, in normal FfH workers wouldn't be able to get enough xp to trigger the event, so no block was added for that.

I believe that this is one of those events that can only happen once per game, and AIs tend to get before humans can.

Ive only gotten the event maybe 2 or three times, all time were on an axeman, IIRC.

Top Bottom