Weird UI bug

Nihtantuel

Chieftain
When I loaded up my game today I have this weird UI bug. All cities except capital for some reason, have their City UI overridden by the unit UI from the map.

I have no idea how this happened, tried reloading an older autosave when this definitively didn't happen - no use. Still happens.

Has anyone encountered it? How do I fix it?

upload_2022-1-30_20-10-4.png

Enable python logging in BTS INI

Maybe you have to run game in admin mode.
Or something is corrupted and you must reinstall mod.

So apparently what fixed the issue was loading the mod first and then loading the save, instead of loading the save game from civ4 main menu.

When I loaded the mod first and then the game a message to recalculate DLL or something appeared and it works fine now.

Not sure whats going on there, but it is fine now.

I set game to always load mod, so looks like you can't except game to load mod when you load save.

So apparently what fixed the issue was loading the mod first and then loading the save, instead of loading the save game from civ4 main menu.

When I loaded the mod first and then the game a message to recalculate DLL or something appeared and it works fine now.

You still start the game NOT with the C2C.bat file (which is in the mod folder)?
LOOOL!!!

What's wrong about just doubleclicking the save file?
Alternatively: Add the mod loading string to the game loading options, lol (I don't recall the exact details of doing it, just the concept itself).
But this only works for people who play nothing but C2C, of course.
Also, I "somehow" have a faster access to the mod folder than to the saves folder, loool.

Alternatively: Add the mod loading string to the game loading options, lol (I don't recall the exact details of doing it, just the concept itself).
But this only works for people who play nothing but C2C, of course.
Also, I "somehow" have a faster access to the mod folder than to the saves folder, loool.

Have your parents ever taught you that you shouldn't be a dick to other people?

Have your parents ever taught you that you shouldn't be a dick to other people?
I was utterly serious there - I've been launching Civ via C2C.bat for years now, quite literally.
But I guess that being rude is the new (or not so new) trend these days.

I've tried this and I'm having the same issue, fresh install of 11429. In the city screen, I can't build multiple buildings, only one at a time. Not getting the queue in the lower right.

Have you checked the BUG options? Normally you need to keep Shift key pressed while adding things to the queue. If you want clicking to add to the queue without Shift (instead of replacing), then you have to enable that behaviour via the BUG option window.

Have you checked the BUG options? Normally you need to keep Shift key pressed while adding things to the queue. If you want clicking to add to the queue without Shift (instead of replacing), then you have to enable that behaviour via the BUG option window.

I'm keeping the Shift key pressed when I try to do multiple buildings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

I'm keeping the Shift key pressed when I try to do multiple buildings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
Sometimes the check for a button flickers so it can help to push the shift before each click because if you get that flicker it can consider you no longer pushing down shift and won't see you still are.

I switched back to 11426, and I'm not having the issue now. Maybe something weird in 11428/9?

Hello,

Is anyone looking into this, please. I just tried playing again, and now none of the city automation commands in the lower right are not there. The game is pretty much unplayable.

Thanks!

Hello,

Is anyone looking into this, please. I just tried playing again, and now none of the city automation commands in the lower right are not there. The game is pretty much unplayable.

Thanks!
You are most likely getting some python errors that we don't get, could be something wrong with your C2C install perhaps.
set
hidepythonexceptions = 0
in your "...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini" file
Should let you see more detailed info about the error in-game, report what you see in that case.

Top Bottom