Welcome to the Star Trek forum - read this first!

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Welcome to the Star Trek mod development forum.

:borg:

For several years there has been a Star Trek mod in CFC, first started by Glorfinder and Kenta'arka, and later continued by myself. This mod was never entirely finished because of a lack of suitable units.
Since then I have learned the art of unit making and teamed up with ST die hard and purist Thorgrimm to make this the most accurate Star Trek mod of Civ III.

This mod follows the ideas and canon set out by Gene Roddenberry himself in TOS and TNG and will only include elements from other series on a case to case basis.

Here are a few points Thor and I have established already that are non-discussable:
  • The big playable civs will be: Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Ferengi and Cardassians.
  • Unplayable civs: Species 8472, Bajor and First Federation.
  • Other civs, added in future updates: Dominion, Kzinti, Andromedans, Tholians, Vulcans, Andorians, Breen...
  • Q and Xindi will not be included.
  • The timeline will run from First Contact until the early 25th Century.
  • The star map will be based on real star positions and the Star Trek atlas.
  • Starship speeds will reflect warp factors.
  • The tech tree will have several separated paths: economic, military and socio-political branch.
  • The layout of the tech tree will be the same for each civ, but the individual techs may be different.
What do we have?
  • Units:full ship lines for the Federation, Cardassian, Ferengi, First Federation and several barbarian units. Borg are almost finished, Klingons are halfway.
  • Leaderheads: only Vulcan and Orion have been made into animated LHs. Flagg LHs are also available.
  • Interface graphics: done (Flamand and some by Logitech)
  • City improvements and wonders: mostly defined and most have graphics. Will probably revamped in time.
  • Civlopedia entries: not yet done
  • Pedia icons: only available for the units and wonders.
What do we need?
  • Units: land units! Lots of Klingon, Romulan, etc... ships
  • Leaderheads: almost all are still needed.
  • Civlopedia entries: lots are needed.
  • Pedia icons: lots are needed, but is not considered a priority
Do you think you have what it takes to help us out with these things? Then just leave a post here with your specialties and availability, so we can give you a suitable assignment... ;)

Flamand and Thorgrimm

Sorry to necromance this...

I don't have experience creating units, but I've watched virtually every single episode of all the Star Trek series (excluding the Animated which I don't think should count) so if you'd like me to assist with Civilopedia, I can do; tech, unit, building, wonder, government, species descriptions in the ST universe is something I could write easily.

You are more than welcome to help out with the civilopedia.... ;)

As soon as I have my ADSL connection back at home, I can pick the mod up again...

i have downloaded a star trek mod... i think it might be yours. my experiance with unit making has been a failed one but i am willing to learn, same with leaderheads. pedia icons i can find and i can do civilopedia entries.

Ok, So work on the ST Mod has slowed considerably due to many factors. This was such a great mod, but lots of people still don't like little parts of it, or want combat and the civilopedia to be clearer.

So I have decided that I will take up the torch (for a little while, anyway) and start working on this mod again. First up, I will be working on the maps. I intend to make 2 accurate maps: a 12 player medium size map, for those of you who have slow computers ;), and a 28 player large map.
I intend to make all units with lower defense than offence, allowing combat to be more forgiving to the poor attackers, who, we all know, can't win a battle to save their species :rolleyes:. All terrain will be more varied and safe space and interstellar space will be clearly defined (Flamand has this one and says he will post it soon)

I also will get rid of the star names, if anyone else thinks they are a waste. Most resources will stay the same, however.

I will try to listen and incorperate any ideas anyone has for the maps. If you want to help out, post that you wish to do so. There's going to be a lot to cover, and I'm getting started right now!

Any progress so far? Has a modified version of Logitech ever been published?

Hello Agroschim. As a matter of fact I recently dug up all the work I've done thus far and for the last few days have been tinkering with it. The map is far from being totally finished, so that's what's really holding the works up. So while work is progressing on my end, I have not heard from any of the other modders. :sad: I'm starting to think they've been assimilated by the Borg... :p

On a different note, I have discovered a bug (this is directed to flamand): The Hideki starship gfx are not centering right. I've uploaded a pic (and maybe a spoiler ;) ) of the problem, maybe if you have time you can take a look at it. PS: All the unit gfx look awesome and I think you did a good job with them!

Spoiler :

Top Bottom