Westeros (Custom Map - Work in Progress)

Westeros (Custom Map - Work in Progress) 0.1

SGreco

Chieftain
SGreco submitted a new resource:

Westeros (Custom Map - Work in Progress) - A quick attempt at a Westeros Map

Started out by creating a rough map of Westeros! I intend to add Essos in the future...

It is currently made as a 16 player (Ynaemp Enormous?) custom map.

(Use the "Play Your Custom Maps" mod to use it! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876864462&searchtext=) You'll need to copy this map into the CustomMap.civ6map location and rename.

Load it as an Enormous Map/you may need 16 players?

This is a quick first rough sketch of Westeros, but terrain and most...

Read more about this resource...

SGreco updated Westeros (Custom Map - Work in Progress) with a new update entry:

0.1 Release

1) Changed Placeholder Civs, enforced Starting City Locations.

The Freefolk - Russia
The North - America
Ironborn - Norway
Riverlands - Kongo
The Vale - Greece
Westerlands - Japan
The Reach - France
Stormlands - Germany
Dorne - Sumeria

2) Added City States for:
Castle Black (Militaristic - Kabul - w/ THE WALL)
The Twins (Culture - Vilnius)
Harrenhal (Militaristic - Preslav)
Kings Landing (Industrial - Toronto)
Oldtown (Science/Great People - Stockholm)

3) Fixed coastline around Dorne,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok, I've also been experimenting with a westeros map (but don't have the time to really develop a mod) and these are my conclusions on how to make it best work out with the civs we have right now, based on colors, ethnicity and such. I have dorne as Australia(colors match and they can make use of desert) but Arabia would match the ethnicity better, England as the westerlands(but Spain would match the most with colors), Vikings as ironborn, Brazil as the reach(colors match, friendly but expansive civ), Germany as the free folk(because they like to attack city states and historically, the free folk are weaker so they don't need that boost from Russia's tundra bonus), Russia as the stormlands(color), America as the north, Greece as the vale, and France as the riverlands(ethnicity). I would also suggest making the wall an intermiddent wall of city states(castles) and mountains, I think this would give it a more intimidating look, and would make more sense with the lore. I would also get rid of oldtown and kings landing as city states, they are really important and interesting places in the book and show and I'm sure people would want to settle there, or take over people who settle there(kings landing), this would make for a more fun experience. Please don't feel like you've done anything wrong so far, I'm just really happy someone made a full westerns map and I just want to help out to make it the best as it can possibly be in the early stages.

Thanks for the suggestion DiFirenze. I've been back and forth between a City State for White Harbor or Three Sisters.

For the latter, I was thinking Culture, or Commerce, since Faith seems inappropriate for islands of sin, and avarice/greed.

As for your first comment, I always appreciate suggestions, and never take criticism personally. I really like the suggestion of Brazil as the Reach (I was thinking France for it, with chateaus and Wine bonus - but Catherine and Littlefinger have a thing for spies... I will have to see what I can do about switching up Russia/Germany. I like that too, but those poor free folk are getting pillaged quick , despite the leadership of a Dayne - I mean Mance Rayder.

At the moment, the White Walkers (barbarian) camps in the northern snow can overrun the North (and spawn everwhere in Westeros that is out of vision). My First fix for this (at least the latter) is to add reveal/vision to each Civ's owned lands.

Having customized civs for each would be the end plan, but that seems like a new challenge for me (I haven't even figured out how to create a ruleset for this map, yet). That'd get some colors to correlate with environment and unique units (and hopefully not require folks to have DLC, which is a goal of mine - as much as I agree about Australia being able to utilize Dorne's sands, coasts, and hills best.)

Would you mind sharing your map? Is it also a custom map that can be loaded the same way? If so, what size?

I was trying to recreate this map hexagon by hexagon, I only finished the north and started on the vale and realized I probably wouldn't have had room for all of westeros(i only used a blank huge civ vi map) and probably wouldn't have time to finish the map. I don't know how far into the project I was when I saved but I don't think it would be of any help. I was looking into learning how to make modded civilizations this weekend and if successful i might try to make the freefolk. (even if it's only a visual change for now and not traits)

Attachments

• IMG_3002.PNG
    IMG_3002.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 461
I was trying to recreate this map hexagon by hexagon, I only finished the north and started on the vale and realized I probably wouldn't have had room for all of westeros(i only used a blank huge civ vi map) and probably wouldn't have time to finish the map. I don't know how far into the project I was when I saved but I don't think it would be of any help. I was looking into learning how to make modded civilizations this weekend and if successful i might try to make the freefolk. (even if it's only a visual change for now and not traits)
Poor Braavos, no place to build any districts is a catastrophy in civ6.. but it makes me wonder if someone could convert all "land" districts to unique harbors. But that would be a mountain of work, as every district and it's building would have to be civ-unique, with visuals changed to harbor and it's buildings..

Btw each time I try to use this mod, I get 'application not responding' when loading the game for the first time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom